CMAT 2020 Exam schedule will be released soon. Application forms for the same will be made available in the 1st week of November on the official website of the conducting authority.
Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT) is among the popular national level management entrance exams in India. Earlier (till 2018) this exam was conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
From 2019 onwards CMAT is conducted by an autonomous body i.e. National Testing Agency (NTA). CMAT is conducted every year for admission of suitable candidates into management programs (MBA/PGDM) in various B-schools of India.
CMAT 2020 is accepted by all the Institutions/Constituent Colleges/University Departments /Affiliated Colleges across India that are approved by AICTE.
CMAT 2020 Entrance Test
In this article, we have shared information about CMAT 2020. This includes details like CMAT Application form, exam dates, eligibility, registration procedure, syllabus, pattern, Admit card, exam pattern, Test cities, admit card, result etc.
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||National level|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Authority (NTA)|
|Course offered||MBA, PGDM|
|Date of examination||January 2020|
|Offered||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Online (CBT)|
CMAT 2020 – Schedule/Important Exam Dates
The important dates for CMAT 2020 are given below in the table-
|Starting date of online registration||November 2019|
|Last date for filling the online registration form||November 2019|
|Date of availability of admit card||January 2020|
|Date of examination||January 2020|
|Declaration of result||February 2020|
CMAT 2020- Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidates found ineligible at any stage of selection will be rejected.
Below we have shared the eligibility criteria for CMAT 2020-
- Candidate must be an Indian national.
Educational Qualification Criteria
- Candidates with a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply for CMAT 2020.
- There is no minimum marks criterion.
- Final year appearing candidates are also eligible. The result such candidates must be declared before the commencement of admission.
- There is no age criterion.
CMAT 2020- Application Form/Registration Form
- CMAT 2020 application forms will be released on the website of NTA from November 2019.
- Interested candidates must fill the application form on and before the due date time to avoid the last minute hassle.
- No other mode registration mode is applicable.
- Candidates must fill all the details carefully in the registration form.
- Candidates must upload a passport-sized photograph and signature in the prescribed
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled application form and confirmation page for future reference.
- There is no need to sent the printed copy of the filled application form to the office of NTA.
- The application fee for General/OBC candidates is Rs.1400/- and Rs.700/- for SC/ST/PD candidates
- Applicants can make the payment of application fee through Debit card/Credit card, Net Banking or cash payment through SBI Bank Challan.
- The application fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
CMAT 2020- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for CMAT 2020 is as follows-
- CMAT is an online (Computer-Based Test) exam.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Total 100 questions will be asked.
- Questions paper will consist of objective type questions.
- Total marks will be 400.
- 4 marks for each correct answer.
- The question paper will be divided into 4 sections.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
|Types of questions||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT 2020 syllabus (tentative) is as follows-
- Language Comprehension
Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Jumbled Para, English Grammar, English Usage Errors, Paragraph Completion, Sentence Improvement, Synonyms and Antonyms, One-word Substitution, Idioms, and Phrases etc
- Logical Reasoning
Linear Arrangements, Analytical Reasoning, Statements Arguments, Sequencing, Matrix Arrangements, Coding and Decoding, Inferences, Statements and Conclusion, Number Series, Cause and Effects, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Symbol Based Problems, Direction and Distance Test, Ranking Tests, Statements Assumptions, Analogy Test, Blood Relationship Tests etc.
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Tabulation, Pie Chart, Graph, Bar Chart, Partnership, Geometry, Number Systems, Ratios and Proportion, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Time-Speed-Distance, Permutations & Combinations, Percentages, Work and time, In-equation, Probability, Allegation & Mixtures, Profit and Loss, Quadratic and linear equations, Mensuration, Algebra, Averages, Fraction and Decimals etc.
- General Awareness
Literature, Personalities in News, Sports News, Economics, History, Trade Awareness, Indian Constitution, Politics, Science in the Everyday Life, Culture, Geography, Current Affairs of National and International Economy.
CMAT 2020- Test Cities-
CMAT 2020 is expected to be conducted in the following test cities of India-
CMAT 2020- Admit card
- Registered candidates can download CMAT-2020 admit Card January 2020 onwards.
- Admit card will be made available at the official website of NTA. No hard copy of the admit card will be sent to any candidate.
- Registered candidates can download their admit cards by using registered email ID and password.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to carry a valid admit card to the examination center on the day of the exam.
- Candidates without admit cards will not be allowed to enter the exam hall and will be debarred from the exam.
CMAT 2020 result is scheduled to be announced in February 2020. Candidates can download the scorecard from the official website by using their valid login credentials.
In case of any query related to CMAT 2020, candidates must contact the conducting authority.
National Testing Agency,
C-20 1A/8, Sector 62,
IITK Outreach Center,