CET Delhi: The Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE shall soon be conducting the Common Entrance Test in Delhi. The examination is held by the department as an entrance test for admission of students to diploma courses in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, and much more in the government and private polytechnic institutions of the city. The candidates who seek admission to these institutes will have to appear for the entrance test and on the basis of the merit list prepared considering their scores in the Common Entrance Test, the authorities will admit them.
The students can soon apply for the examination. In the following article, you can check all the details pertaining to the CET Delhi 2023 examination notification, application, pattern, exam dates, eligibility, pattern, and more.
CET Delhi 2023
There are multiple polytechnic institutions in the union territory of Delhi. These can be private as well as central. The authorities at the Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE are responsible to conduct the entrance examination called Common Entrance Test CET. This test is conducted differently for five different subjects. The exam is held across various centres in Delhi and the aspirants need to apply online in order to be able to sit for the examination. As of now, the authorities have not started accepting application forms for the Common Entrance Test CET Delhi Examination. The candidates need to observe that the form will be released in online mode and the candidates require to fill it out.
Eligible candidates will be issued admit cards which have to be presented on the day of the examination. On the basis of the scores in the examination, a merit list will be prepared, and based on the same, admission counselling will be conducted. The students must prepare for the CET 2023 Examination but prior to that, they must check all the important details regarding the examination.
CET Delhi 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Examination||CET Delhi|
|Full Form||Common Entrance Test Delhi|
|Authority||Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE|
|Examination Purpose||Entrance Examination|
|State/ Union Territory||Delhi|
|Course Type||Diploma courses in Technical, Pharmacy, and more fields|
|Institution||Private and Government Polytechnic Institutions in Delhi|
|Application Fee||Rs. 400|
Eligibility for Common Entrance Test Delhi
The students who are willing to appear for the Common Entrance Test Delhi in 2023 have to be eligible to get admitted to the diploma courses in the technical, engineering, pharmacy, and other fields. The authorities have listed certain eligibility criteria which have to be satisfied if a particular candidate aims to appear for the exam and further get admitted:
- The eligibility conditions for each of the courses are different. Thus, the students have to be extremely careful that they satisfy the individual eligibility criteria for the respective course.
- Students must be Indian/ Sponsored in order to be able to apply for the Common Entrance Test Delhi 2023.
- The maximum age limit to appear for the Common Entrance Test Delhi 1 is 21 years for boys and 26 years for Test 1.
- For the remaining tests under CET Delhi, the upper age limit for boys has been declared as 24 years while for girls the age limit is 30 years.
- Authorities at the Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE shall be providing certain relaxations to the candidates belonging to the different reserved categories and castes depending on the reservation criteria.
- The candidates applying for Test 1 or the one conducted for the Diploma courses in Engineering and Non-Engineering branches should have at least passed Class 10 with a minimum percentage of 35% marks from a recognized board of education in India. The authorities have also specified that the candidates should have had Mathematics, Science, and English as compulsory subjects at the same level.
- Applicants for Test 2 which is conducted for the courses, Modern Office Practice English or one-year certificate courses in Hospitality Operations, Retail Services, and Finance Executive will have to be at least a Class 12 pass from a recognized board. They further must have scored 45% marks, if from the general category or 40% marks, from reserved categories, in the best three subjects of the class including English.
- Aspirants for the Modern Office Practice in the Hindi language will have to appear for Test 3. They have to be minimum Class 12 pass with at least 45% marks in the best three subjects with Hindi being one. For the candidates belonging to reserved categories, the authorities have specified that they just need 40% aggregate in Class 12 with Hindi being one of the subjects.
- For the Pharmacy or one-year certificate course in the Software Testing Assistant in WCSC, Test 4 is conducted under Common Entrance Test CET. The candidates should be at least Class 12 pass with a 45% aggregate in the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics PCM or Physics, Chemistry, and Biology PCB stream, from a recognized board of education. In the case of candidates of reserved categories, the percentage has been relaxed to 40% marks.
- The last test which happens to be a part of the CET Delhi exam is Test 5. The candidates who seek the Lateral Entry program will have to take the test and they must satisfy the required eligibility conditions. They must have passed Class 12 with Physics and Chemistry being the mandatory subjects with the third being Mathematics or Biology with at least 60% aggregate. Further, the candidates who have cleared analogues 12th Vocational Engineering stream from CBSE with at least 60% marks will also be considered eligible for the test. Additionally, such students who have passed Class 10 with more than or equal to 60% marks, and later pursued ITI in Engineering from ITIs or ITCs in Delhi in the Engineering stream are also eligible for Test 5.
Delhi Common Entrance Exam Schedule
The authorities at the Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE have not yet announced the schedule for the conduction of the 2023 exam of the Common Entrance Test Delhi. The candidates can check out the following dates and tentative sheet of conduction of events which are prepared on the basis of the previous year’s trends and a general understanding of the conduction of the examination:
|1.||Commencement of Application||July 2023|
|2.||Application Deadline||July 2023|
|3.||Deadline for Payment of Application Fee||July 2023|
|4.||Commencement of Application Correction and Edit Window||July 2023|
|5.||Last Date to Correct and make necessary changes in the Application||July 2023|
|6.||Release of Admit Cards for the Common Entrance Test||August 2023|
|7.||Date of CET Delhi Examination||August 2023|
|8.||Declaration of Result||August/ September 2023|
|9.||Commencement of Counselling Procedure||September 2023|
Documents for Common Entrance Test Delhi Application
The candidates who have to apply for the Common Entrance Test Delhi will have to apply by filling out an online application form. While doing so, they will probably require the following documents which they can refer to while filling out the application form or have to upload with it:
- Photograph of the Applicant
- Signature of the Applicant
- Photograph Identity Card as approved by a competent authority in the government
- Educational Certificates such as that of Class 10th or 12
- Caste or Category Certificate, if applicable
- Other relevant documents pertaining to your education
- Residence Proof
- Proof of Date of Birth
Have a look: Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023
Apply for CET Delhi Exam 2023
The prospects willing to take up the CET Delhi Examination in the year 2023 will have to fill out the online application. In order to do so, they will have to follow the ensuing steps to ensure that they submit the applications successfully:
- Open the official portal of the Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE at the link, www.tte.delhigovt.nic.in.
- On the Home page of the portal, the candidates will have to check out the link to Apply for the CET Delhi Exam 2023 in the Latest Updates section.
- Nextly, the candidates will get a Registration Form in which they will be required to enter the details pertaining to their candidature.
- They will further have to create the login credentials and use them further to access the application website by entering them in the Login form.
- The applicants will have to enter their details in the form as required.
- Further, upload the required documents in the specific sizes and formats as required in the application form.
- Nextly, pay the application fee for the submission of the application form.
- The last step is to Submit the application form and Print it for reference in the future.
Application Fee for CET Online Form
The applicants will be required to pay a certain amount as an application fee. This fee shall be required to process the application form. The candidates will have to use online or offline transfer methods in order to pay the application fees. Methods such as Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Net Banking, and more are to be utilised in order to pay the application fee online. In case of offline payments, the candidates will have to generate a bank challan while submitting the application form and pay the fees in the required bank.
The application form will be considered as submitted only when the applicant successfully pays the fee challan within the notified deadline. The fee that the Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE charges for the Common Entrance Test Delhi is Rs. 400.
Common Entrance Test Delhi Admit Card
The authorities at the Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE will issue admit cards to the applicants only if their details are valid. These admit cards will have to be taken to the examination centre on the day of the examination. The applicants will have to download the cards from the DTTE portal online. They will be required to further print it and accordingly appear for the examination following the information and instruction as mentioned in the document.
CET Delhi Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
The authorities at the Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE have declared that the examination of the Common Entrance Test of Delhi for the purpose of admissions in diploma courses in the Polytechnic colleges of the city will be conducted in an online mode. The examination will be based on the distinctive requirement for each of the five courses. There will be five separate tests that will be conducted by the authorities.
The questions will be the Multiple Choice Questions MCQs. Each test will follow the same pattern even though it will follow a different syllabus. There will be a total of 60 questions and each exam will be divided into five sections which will be based on the syllabus of that particular test. Candidates will be allowed 30 minutes for Sections A and B. Further, for sections C, D, and E, the candidates will have to attempt these in 15 minutes each. The exam duration is 2 Hours and 30 Minutes.
As far as the marking scheme is considered, the candidates will be allocated 4 marks for every correct answer. Further, for wrong answers, there is a provision for a negative marking scheme. The students will be penalised with one mark for the question they incorrectly answer. Thus, the students must prepare accordingly and attempt the paper with full and complete assurance.
CET Delhi Cut-Off Marks and Result
The authorities will release the result online on the official portal of the Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE. The applicants will be required to check the scorecards. Further, a merit list will be prepared for the counselling. The students who will score more than or equal to the cut-off marks will only be included in the rank list. These are the minimum marks required for the purpose of the examination qualification.
|Official Portal||Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE|
|Apply||CET Delhi 2023 Examination (To Activate Soon)|
|Download||2023 Notification of Common Entrance Test Delhi|
The Department of Training and Technical Education DTTE is yet to announce the exam date for the CET Delhi 2023. The candidates must keep checking this space for all the latest updates on the schedule.
The Common Entrance Test Delhi is conducted online mode as a Computer Based Examination.