BITSAT 2020 (BITS Aptitude Test) is expected to be conducted on 3rd week of May 2020 at various test centers across India. Official notification and online application forms will be released in the month of December 2018. After that candidates will be able to fill the online application form.
BITSAT is one of the popular university-level tests conducted by Birla Institute of Science, Pilani (Deemed to be University). BITSAT is an entrance exam conducted for admission into various first-year integrated programs into the university and other campuses located at Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai.
BITSAT 2020 Admission
Here, we have shared complete information about BITSAT 2020. This information includes details like Application form, exam dates, eligibility, registration procedure, application fee, syllabus, pattern, Admit card, exam pattern, Test centers, result etc.
|Examination||BITS Aptitude Test 2020|
|Commonly known as||BITSAT|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||National level exam|
|Conducting Authority||Birla Institute of Science (BITS), Pilani|
|Course offered||Integrated first-degree programs|
|Date of examination||3rd week of May 2020|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Official BITSAT 2020 website||www.bitsadmission.com|
BITSAT 2020- Important Exam Dates/ Schedule
The tentative schedule for BITSAT 2020 is given below in the table-
|Events/ Activities||Dates (tentative)|
|Availability of online application form||3rd week of December 2019|
|Last date to submit the online form||2nd week of March 2020|
|Application form correction window||2nd to 3rd week of March 2020|
|Allotment of test centers||3rd week of March 2020|
|Slot booking||4th week of March 2020|
|Date of issue of admit card||2nd week of April to 3rd week of May 2020|
|Date of examination||3rd week of May 2020|
|Announcement of score||3rd week of May 2020|
|Apply for admission on the basis of class 12th marks||1st week of May to 3rd week of June 2020|
|Admit list and waiting list announcement||3rd week of June 2020|
Final dates will be announced after the release of official notification.
Under BITSAT 2020 following courses are offered-
- E (Chemical Engineering/Civil Engineering/Computer Science/Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical and Electronics Engineering/ Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Biotechnology)
- Sc (Biological Science/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics/Economics)
- Sc (General Studies)
BITSAT 2020- Eligibility
Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criterion for BITSAT 2020 is given below-
- For every first degree program except B.Pharma- Candidates must be qualified 10+2 from a recognized Board with PCM with adequate proficiency in English.
- B. Pharma candidates must have completed 10+2 with PCB from a recognized Board and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM are also eligible for pharmacy programs.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in PCM if he/she has passed 10+2 with PCM group.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in PCB if he/she has passed 10+2 with PCB group.
- Candidates must have obtained minimum 60% individually in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and
- Candidates who are currently studying at any campus of BITS are not eligible to apply for BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT 2020- Admission Procedure
BITSAT admission will be done purely on the basis of marks scored by the candidates and merit list.
- Candidates can fill the BITSAT 2020 application form only through the online mode.
- No offline forms will be released and no multiple applications are acceptable.
- Candidates have to fill all the authentic details in the application form.
- Candidates must upload all the documents like photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidate can make a correction in the application form within the correction window.
- There is no need to send the printed copy of the filled application form to the office of the conducting authority. However, candidates can keep the printout of the filled application form or confirmation page for future use.
BITSAT 2020- Application Fee
- BITSAT application fee for male candidates is Rs. 2950/-.
- BITSAT application fee for male candidates is Rs.2450/-.
- The application fee for the International center is US $70 (Rs. 4500/-) for both male and female candidates.
- Application fee can be paid through credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ and also through Pay-in-slip.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
BITSAT 2020- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for BITSAT 2020 is as follows-
- IIFT exam will be conducted in an online mode (Computer-Based Test)
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours
- Questions paper will be consist of objective type questions.
- Total 150 questions will be asked.
- There will be a total 4 sections in the question paper.
- 3 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of questions|
|III||(a) English Proficiency (b) Logical Reasoning||15 10|
|IV||Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharma candidates)||45|
BITSAT Syllabus 2020
Here is the complete syllabus of BITSAT-
Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Heat and Thermodynamics, Magnetic Effect of Current, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction, Optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices,
States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Thermodynamics, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Hydrogen and s-block elements, Surface Chemistry, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, Stereochemistry, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen, Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
- Logical Reasoning and English Proficiency
- English Proficiency-
Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, composition
- Logical Reasoning-
Verbal reasoning, Non-verbal reasoning
Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Vectors, Linear Programming, Statistics, Mathematical modeling.
Diversity in Living World, Cell: The unit of life; Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function – Plants, Structure, and Function – Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, Reproduction and Development in Humans, Ecology and Environment, Biology and Human Welfare Biotechnology and its Applications
BITSAT – Test Cities
BITSAT 2020 test is expected to be conducted at the test centers established in the following cities of India-
|Coimbatore||Delhi||Ghaziabad||Goa Campus of BITS|
|Hyderabad campus of BITS||Hyderabad city||Indore||Jammu|
|Pilani campus of BITS||Pune||Raipur||Ranchi|
- Dubai Campus of BITS Pilani is the international campus.
- For center in India, candidates have to choose three preferences.
BITSAT 2020- Admit Card
Registered candidates can download BITSAT 2020 Admit Card from the official website of the university from 2nd week of April 2020 onwards. Candidates can download their admit cards from the official admission website of the University.
Before downloading the admit cards candidates have to their book slot within the specified dates. Only those candidates will be able to download the admit card who will book the exam slot first.
It is compulsory for every candidate to carry their admit cards to the exam center on the day of the exam. Any candidate found without an admit card will be not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
BITSAT Result 2020
BITSAT 2020 will be released on the next day of the exam. Candidates can check and download their admit card through the official website.
In case of any problem related to BITSAT 2020, candidates must contact the concerned authority immediately.
BITS Pilani- 333031
Phone No. – 01596-242205, 01596- 515330