ACET Application 2020: ACET is the University level Entrance Examination conducted by the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) two times in a year. This year the examination date has been extended and now the exam will be conducted on
27th June 2020 10th October 2020. The applicant can able to apply for ACET Application 2020 till 5th June 2020 30th June 2020. The application will be Rs 3000 for all caste categories including the reserved category.
Update: ACET Oct 2020 examination is now going to be held on 10th Oct 2020.
The candidate needs to visit the official website of the Institute of Actuaries of India i.e. http://actuariesindia.org to register for the examination. The mode of filling the application form will be done through online mode only. With the help of this examination, the candidate will be able to get admission to the UG & Diploma courses.
ACET Application 2020
The students who had passed the 10+2 examination will eligible to apply for the ACET 2020. Please be informed that the application will be accepted by the institute only through online mode as offline application will not be accepted for IAI ACET 2020.
The Application for ACET 2020 will include one sample paper with the solution. The payment for the IAI ACET Application 2020 will be done through Debit Card, Credit Card, and Net-Banking.
Points To Remember For ACET 2020
- The photograph required to be pasted on the application form will be front faced.
- The applicant should remember that the background of the photograph will be white otherwise the application may get rejected.
- The candidate clothes in the photograph should be dark in color
- The candidate will be required to submit the scanned document which includes photographs as well as signature.
- The photograph should not to be signed.
- The black and white photograph of the candidates will not be accepted.
- The applicants are required to furnish personal and educational details correctly.
- The photograph should be in the (4.5 cm Length X 3.5 cm width).
ACET Application 2020- Overview
|Name of the Examination||Actuarial Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Conducted By||Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI)|
|Last Date To Fill Application Form|
|Last date for students membership admission (if want to appear for Sep. 2020 Exam)||TBA|
|Article Category||Entrance Examination|
|Mode of ACET Application||Online|
|ACET Result (June Exam)||To be Expected soon|
Eligibility Criteria For ACET 2020
The candidate who is applying for the ACET 2020 Examination needs to fulfill a certain set of eligibility criteria. The list of eligibility criteria is given below:
- In order to apply for the examination, the applicant should have passed the 10+2 level from any recognized board.
- There is no age limit to apply for the ACET 2020.
- The students who are appearing or waiting for their final result can also apply for the examination.
- The applicant should have English subject in the 10+2 level.
- The applicants who are studying the graduation, post-graduate course can also apply for the examination.
Information & Document Required For ACET 2020
Check >>> New National Education Policy
- Mark-sheet of the Applicant of 10+2 level
- Address proof of the Applicant
- Latest photograph of the Candidate
- Contact Details of the Applicant
- Full Name of the Applicant
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth of the Candidate
- Candidate Gender
- Experience (if any)
- Nationality of the Applicant
- Qualification of the Candidate
- Need to select the Examination Center
- Current Salary Package
- Employment Status of the Applicant
Note – The examination centers for ACET 2020 are given below
ACET Examination Pattern
The examination pattern for the entrance examination has been given on the official website of the Institute of Actuaries of India. With the help of an exam pattern, the candidate can make the preparation for the examination more accurately. The exam pattern for the entrance examination is given below:
There will be two sections in the ACET Entrance Exam–
Section 1: This section will contain the syllabus from Mathematics, Data Interpretation, and Statics.
Section 2: This section will contain the syllabus from the Logical Reasoning and English.
- The Duration of the Entrance Examination will be of 3 hours and the type of questions in the entrance examination will be Multiple Choice Questions
- The Marking Scheme for the question that carries 1 marks are liable for a deduction of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer and the question that will carry 2 marks will liable for the deduction of 1 marks for the wrong answer
- For 3 marks questions, there will be 1.5 marks deduction in case of the wrong answer.
ACET Admit Card 2020
The candidate will be able to check and download the admit card only on the official website. The way by which the applicant can able to access their hall ticket by entering their email id and the password on the login section of the official website.
- The details that will be mentioned on the ACET Admit Card will be the candidate name, roll number, examination center details, date of the exam, day of the examination, examination timing.
- The applicants are requested to bring the hall ticket on the day of the examination with one photo identity proof.
- The applicant can raise a concern to the higher official in case of any discrepancy found on the details mentioned on the admit card.
Steps To Apply For ACET 2020
In order to apply for the ACET 2020 the applicant need to perform certain steps and the list of steps are given below:
- The applicant who wanted to apply for the examination needs to open the official website.
- Then on the first page of the website the applicant need to click on the ACET 2020 Application to move further.
- Once the registration page will get opens then the applicant needs to to enter all details and click on the signup button.
- After that the applicant will receive the link to fill application form on their registered email id.
- Once the link gets opens then you need to login with the id and the password to move further.
- Then the new page will get appears with the application form in which candidate will be required to fill information like Aadhar Card, Mobile number, name of the source, upload Aadhar Card copy and need to upload the photograph in the prescribed format.
- Need to select the examination center from the list of all examination center and click on submit button to move further.
- Then the applicant will be required to pay the application fees for the examination.
- Once the payment gets done then the applicant will receive an email with the confirmation of successful registration for ACET 2020.
- Applicant can take the printout of the filled application form for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions
The syllabus for the entrance examination will cover various topics such as Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, English, Mathematics, and Statics.
Mathematics: Differentiation, Matrices, Notation & standard functions, Algebra, Vectors, Numerical methods, Integration
Statistics: Permutations & Combinations, Measures of location & spread, Discrete random variables &distributions, Continuous random variables & distributions, , Types of Data, Probabilities, Correlation & Regression, etc.
Data Interpretation: Line chart, Caselets, Tables, Column graphs, Bar graphs, Venn Diagrams, Pie-chart, etc.
English: Verbal reasoning, Sentence Correction, Vocabulary based, English grammar usage, Fill in the blanks, Cloze passage, etc.
Logical Reasoning: Number and letter series, Clocks, cube, calendars, blood relations & many more.
The result can be expected to get released in the month of July-August 2020. The applicant can able to check the result on the official website. Please be informed that the ACET Result will be valid for 3 years from the date of the result for taking membership of the Institute of Actuaries of India.
After getting passed in the entrance examination the applicant will need to undergo the selection process of the institute. To take part in the selection procedure the candidate needs to make themselves registered for the student membership. The applicant needs to take the printout of the payment receipt with the application form and need to send it with the attested documents to the following address:
Institute of Actuaries of India,
302, Indian Globe Chambers, 142, Fort Street,
Off DN Road, Near CST (VT) Station, Mumbai – 400001
The applicant should refer to the old question paper to get to know about the examination pattern. The students can be able to access the old question paper either from the official website or can download through any other official sources. Try to solve as much old question paper as you can for the upcoming exam.
Try to make out daily targets in terms to make preparation for each subject. The students should focus on revising the old studies topics to make a grasp on the subject.
Try to solve as many sample papers as you can to stand a good chance to clear the entrance examination.
The candidate should not losses motivation and patience in the preparation process for the examination as these are the key factors that will decide the future.
The candidate needs to prepare the study plan in order to ease the examination pressure and there are various preparation plans and tips available to prepare for the entrance examination.