VITEEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria: VITEEE 2021, Engineering Entrance Exam is conducted by the Vellore Institute of technology. The institution holds examination every year to provide admission to the students in Bachelor of Technology under different participating institutions. Admission is provided in different campuses i.e., at VIT Chennai, Amravati, Vellore, and Bhopal. Notification for the VITEEE 2021 examination has been released by the university to make online applications from November 30, 2020. It will be open for online registration from March 30, 2021. Applications for the examination can also be made offline.
Before the aspirants start applying for the exam, it is advised that the aspirants should check that whether or not they fulfil the criteria to be eligible for the exam. Through this article, the candidates will get full facts concerning the VITEEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria. Thus, they can be sure if they fall into the criteria and are eligible for making an application to the examination before they finally apply.
|Conducted by||VIT University|
|Application Start||30 Nov 2020|
|Last date of application||30 Mar 2021|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Classes start on||Jul 2021|
VITEEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for VITEEE should know that the criteria of eligibility are being divided under specific heads according to the nationality, recent exam qualified, subject, age, and so on. The candidate is expected to fulfil all the criteria to be eligible for admission in the University’s course programs
The candidate applying for the exam should be:
- An Indian nationals
- PIO holders
- Any other Foreign national
Candidates who want to apply for VITEEE 2021 are supposed to have completed the following qualifications enlisted below:
- He/ She must have completed 10+2 of HSE of the State Board, CBSE and ISCE.
- Intermediate or have been in a two-year pre-university exam of a recognized university/ board.
- Have given advanced level GCE exam (for Sri Lanka, London and Cambridge)
- Regular NIOS Board students
- Aspirants will need a minimum aggregate of 60% in physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology i.e., PCB or PCM.
- SC/ ST candidates from Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir, North- Eastern states of Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Assam, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim, should possess a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology (PCM/PCB) in 10+2 or any other equivalent examination.
Eligibility for Subjects
- Students with PCB as their subjects in the qualifying exam i.e., 10+2/ Intermediate are eligible for Bio stream related Programmes only.
- Students with PCM are eligible for all B.Tech Programmes.
Any candidate applying for VITEEE should not be born before July 1, 1999. It is the minimum criteria for application under the UG programme.
Preparing for the exam? know all about exam preparation. Points to remember curated – Do And Don’ts To Prepare For The Examination
VITEEE 2021 Important Points
- Migration cum transfer certificate has to be produced for admission in the university.
- Students have to provide the marks secured in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, and total (including all subjects)
- Upload scanned copy of the mark sheet and other relevant documents which will be essential to produce to get admitted to the university.
- Certificate to prove Community/ Nativity shall be produced at counselling, if any students fail to do shall be liable to not be considered for admission.
- Date of Birth recorded in High School/ Xth / SSC will be considered authentic. The Original certificates of High School/ Xth / SSC will be essential to be produced in counselling/admission. If you fail to produce the documents, you will be disqualified to get enrolled in the university.
- Indian Nationals/ NRI/ PIO cardholders need to appear for the examination mandatorily to be eligible for admission under regular mode (Applicants under International / NRI quota are exempted from this).
- Students with Bio stream-related Programmes, upon joining have to register mandatorily for a bridge course in mathematics.
The application form is out, check out the application form – Click here
Other Useful Links
|How to Fill VITEEE 2021 Application Form|
|VITEEE 2021 Exam Dates|
|VITEEE 2021 Preparation Tips|
|VITEEE 2021 Syllabus|
|VITEEE 2021 Exam Pattern|
Foreign nationals can apply through the foreign category option available on the official website of the university – https://vit.ac.in/admissions/international/overview
In case, VITEEE gets cancelled due to any circumstances, the qualifying criteria will fall to the Higher Secondary Marks of JEE-2021/ a valid SAT score.
These are the Programmes/ Courses offered to the students with PCB as their subject in 10+2 or any other equivalent examination. Bio-stream courses are:
B.Tech in Bio-Engineering
B.Tech in Bio-Technology
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Bioinformatics
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication with specialization in Biomedical Engineering
Students with PCM in class 12th or any other equivalent exam are eligible for all B.Tech Programme
Only the regular NIOS students can apply for the exam.