UPCATET Application Forms 2020 were released on 20th February 2020. After the issue of application form, candidates interested in taking admission to the agriculture universities of Uttar Pradesh filled the application form from the official portal of UPCATET 2020. Due to the outbreak of covid-19 the application schedule was extended to 2nd June 2020.
Update: Online choice filling commences from 21st Sep 2020
UPCATET Application Form 2020
In this article, we have shared all the necessary details related to UPCATET 2020. It includes information about the application form, important dates, application fee, eligibility, exam pattern, admit card, result and other important details.
UPCATET 2020 Important Dates/ Schedule
|Date of start of online application||20 February 2020|
|Last date for online application|| |
|Date of availability of admit card|| |
|Date of examination|
|Declaration of result|
|Counseling for UG programs|| |
|Counseling for PG programs|| |
|Counseling for Ph.D. programs|| |
|Beginning of new academic session|| |
UPCATET 2020 Eligibility
Applicants are advised to carefully read the eligibility criteria in the information brochure before applying.
The eligibility criteria for all the programs is shared below-
- Candidates must belong to Uttar Pradesh.
- For B.V.Sc. and AH course- Candidate must be of minimum 17 years and maximum 25 years as on 31st December 2020. An age relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit of SC/ST/ OBC candidates is applicable.
- For all the other UG programs- Applicants must of age group from 16 years to 22 years as on 31st December 2020. Relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit is permissible for SC/ST/ OBC candidates.
- There is no age restriction for PhD students.
The general educational requirement for all the programs is as follows-
- For UG programs- Candidates must have qualified intermediate in PCM/PCB/PCMB/Agri.Sc. from a recognised board.
- For PG programs- Candidates must hold a graduate degree in respective subject from a recognised university.
UPCATET Application Fee
Category-wise application fee for UPCATET 2020 is given below-
|UR and OBC candidates||Rs.1250/-|
- Application fee can be paid only through the online mode i.e. debit card, credit card or internet banking.
UPCATET 2020- Reservation
Seats in the agriculture universities through UPCATET are allotted on the basis of reservation. Both horizontal and reservation applicable in UPCATET is as follows-
|Other Backward class||27%|
Check >>> New National Education Policy
|Children of freedom fighter (FF)||2%|
|Children of armed force employees (except B.V.Sc. & AH)||1%|
|Children of employees of all the four agriculture universities (UE)||10%|
UPCATET 2020 Exam Centre
UPCATET 2020 exam will be conducted in the following cities of the state-
- Candidates have to select their preferred exam city at the time of application.
- University can reject any of the exam center.
- University can allot any center to any candidate despite of the preference filled.
- No request for change of examination center will be entertained under any circumstance.
UPCATET 2020 Admit Card
UPCATET 2020 admit cards will be issued to the registered candidates on the specified dates. Candidates can download the admit card from the official portal by using registration no. and date of birth. Candidates must download the admit card in time.
In case a candidate is not able to download the admit card due to any technical issue or any other reason, he/she can obtain the second copy of the admit card from the conducting university’s office. They have to make a cash payment of Rs.100 to get the admit card. They can also obtain it from the exam centre one day before the exam date.
Candidates have to carry a valid photo ID proof along with the admit card to the exam centre. Without the hall ticket no candidate will be permitted to take the exam.
UPCATET 2020 Exam pattern
- Exam will be conducted in an offline mode (pen and paper-based).
- Type of question- Multiple Choice Questions
- Medium of question paper- Hindi and English
- Exam duration-
- Graduate and PG programs (3 hours)
- MBA and Ph.D. programs (2 hours)
UPCATET 2020 Result
UPCATET 2020 Result will be declared online on the dates prescribed by the university. Result will be uploaded online on the official website. No individual result will be sent to candidates through post or any other medium.
Candidates can check their result on the official website by using the login credentials.
UPCATET 2020- Counselling
After the declaration of result, online counseling will be conducted. Candidates who will qualify the exam have to apply online within the stipulated time frame.
The online registration process for counseling will involve following steps-
- Registration and Uploading of documents
- Online choice filling and locking of choices
- Allocation of seats and security fee deposit
- Reporting at the allotted university.
At the time of reporting to the allotted university, candidates have to carry following documents in original with them-
- Admit card
- Seat allotment letter
- High school (class X) mark sheet and certificate
- Intermediate mark sheet and certificate
- Graduation and postgraduate degree certificate and transcript
- Resident proof
- Aadhaar card
- Character certificate
- Caste/category certificate
- Sports certificate
- Transfer/ migration certificate
- Other relevant certificates
Candidate who will not be allotted seats in the first round of counseling can apply for the second round.
Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test (UPCATET) is a state-level entrance exam conducted for the admission of suitable candidates in various Undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. programs in various agriculture universities of the state.
UPCATET 2020- At a glance
|Article category||Application form|
|Type of exam||State-level entrance exam|
|Conducting authority||Chandra Shekhar Azad University Of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur|
|Course||UG & PG agricultural courses|
|Mode of application||Online|
UTCATET is conducted on an annual basis and thousands of candidates take part in the examination. There are mainly four agriculture universities in the state of Uttar Pradesh and UPCATET is conducted by all these universities on a rotational basis. These universities are-
- Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur
- Banda University of Agriculture and Technology, Banda
- Narendra Dev University of Agriculture & Technology, Kumarganj, Faizabad
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology, Modipuram, Meerut
How to fill UPCATET Application Form 2020?
UPCATET application forms for the academic session 2020-21 are filled only through the mode. Hence, no other mode is applicable and application from other mode will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Candidates those who are eligible must apply before the due date from the official website. They must keep all the necessary documents such as certificates, mark sheets, mobile no., email ID, etc. ready them with before filling the application form.
Candidates must keep the registered number active and safe with them till the counseling procedure completes as all the intimation related to the admission will be sent to this registered no. only.
The online application procedure for UPCATET 2020 is as follows-
- Step I- Information Brochure
Candidates firstly have to visit the UPCATET 2020 official website () or concerned university website. They have to download the information brochure. Candidates are advised to read all the information and instructions carefully mentioned on the brochure.
- Step II- Registration
- Now, applicants have to visit UPCATET website.
- Click “Apply Now”
- Click on “Click here for new registration” link. They have to read all the instructions and have to click on “I Agree” and “Continue” Button.
- They have to fill all the details asked and have to hit “Proceed”. Candidates will receive an OTP on their registered no. and they have to verify the No.
- After the verification of mobile no., candidates will receive a registration No. which they have to keep safe for future purpose.
- Step III- Application form filling
- Applicants have to log in the registration No.
- Application form will appear and they have to fill personal details, educational details, exam centers, and all the relevant details carefully in the provided fields.
- They also have to upload scanned photograph, thumb impression, and related certificates in the prescribed format in the application form.
- Applicants have to recheck all the details and have to make necessary corrections/ changes (if any).
- They finally have to click on “Submit” button. After submission, no changes can be made in the application form.
- Payment of application fee
After the submission of application form candidates have to click on “Registration fee payment” make payment of the application fee.
- Print Application Form
After the successful payment of application fee, applicants can take two printouts of the filled-in application form for future correspondence. They can download and print the application form after 24 hours of the application.
Ask your question in comment box below.