TNEA Application Form 2020 Dates: TNEA 2020 official notification has been released with detailed notification. The notification is published only for the students of Tamil Nadu state. TNEA 2020 registration has been started and last date to submit the online application form is 16th August 2020. For more details about this is given below
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2020 is a single window admission system through which candidates will be granted admission to B.Tech/B.E at various departments and constituent colleges of Anna University, Govt. & Govt. aided engineering colleges, and self-financing colleges at Tamil Nadu State.
LATEST UPDATE: TNEA 2020 online registration process has been started from 15th July for both academic and vocational programs. The last date nfor registration is 16th August 2020. TNEA aspirants can submit application from the link shared below.
TNEA Application Form 2020
As per Hindustan NEWS, there are approximately 159631 students who will be seeking admission for around 249625 seats in 501 engineering colleges and institutes of the state this year. All these candidates can register between 15th July and 16th August 2020. No admission test will be conducted for the preparation of merit and rank list of the applicants. Selection will be based on the merit of the candidates in the qualifying exams and counselling process
TNEA 2020 is managed by the Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE). Earlier it was the responsibility of Anna University to conduct this single window admission program.
TNEA 2020- An overview
|Admission process||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission 2020|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||State-level entrance exam|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE)|
|Total Engineering colleges||501|
|Application date||15th July to 16th August 2020|
|Application status||Active Now|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Admission Brochure||Click Here|
|TNEA 2020 portal||http://www.tneaonline.in/|
For admission to B.Arch. program, Directorate will issue a separate notification.
TNEA Application Form 2020
- Eligible applicants can apply for TNEA Admissions within the scheduled dates.
- Application can be made only through the online mode. No offline application forms has been made available.
- Applicants have to apply through the official TNEA 2020 portal before stipulated schedule.
- Applicants must hold a valid mobile No. and an email Id before filling the online application form and both should be retained till the completion of counseling process.
- They must thoroughly read the information brochure before registration.
- Candidates should fill the application forms as early as possible. They should not wait for the last date.
- All the details in the TNEA application form should be filled with utmost care as applicants will not be given chance for correction once application has been finally submitted.
- Candidates are advised to keep all the documents handy while filling the application so that they refer them and avoid mistakes.
- They must take multiple printouts of the filled-in application form.
TNEA Application Form Important Dates 2020
Candidates can have a look at tentative schedule of TNEA 2020-
|Commencement of online registration||15th July 2020|
|Last date for online registration||16th August 2020|
|Beginning of uploading of original certificates||31st July 2020|
|Last date for uploading certificates||20th August 2020|
|Assignment of Random Numbers||21st August 2020|
|Verification of original certificates at TFC’s||24th August to 1st September 2020|
|Publication of rank list||7th September 2020|
|Counselling of reserved category (Differently-abled, Ex.servicemen & Sports)||10th to 14th September 2020|
|Commencement of counselling procedure||17th September to 6th October 2020|
|Supplementary Counseling||8th October to 12th October 2020|
|SCA to SC counseling||14th to 15th October 2020|
|End of counselling||15th October 2020|
TNEA Application Form Eligibility 2020
It is always compulsory for all the applicants to read the eligibility requirements before filling application. They should apply only if they have ensured that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions required for the application.
Similarly, for TNEA 2020, only eligible candidates should apply. In case a candidate is found ineligible at any stage of the admission process his/her candidature will be canceled. They must go through the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authority for the admission process.
If you are interested in participating in this admission process, then you should know TNEA 2020 eligibility requirements. The complete eligibility criterion is given below-
- Candidates should be a resident of Tamil Nadu and must possess a domicile certificate issued by the competent authority.
Education Qualification Criteria
Check >>> New National Education Policy
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent with PCM group from a recognized Board.
- Applicants should have scored 50% (general), 45% (OBC) and 40% (other reserved category) aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
- Applicants should not be more than the age of 25 years on notified dates.
For more details about the eligibility requirements, you can refer the detailed TNEA 2020 admission brochure
TNEA Application fee 2020
- For general candidates, application fee will be Rs.500/- and for SC/ST/SCA candidates it will be Rs.250/-
- Applicants can make payment of application fee either through online mode (credit/debit card/ internet banking) or offline mode (demand draft).
- Payment through demand draft should be made at TFCs and should be drawn in the favor of “The Secretary, TNEA” payable at Chennai. Applicants must note that DD should not be dated earlier than the prescribed dates.
TNEA 2020 Verification of Documents
Once the registration procedure will be completed, applicants have to appear for the document verifications at the designated TNEA 2020 Facilitation Centres (TFCs).
Candidates will be allotted Facilitation Centres as per choice filled by them at the time of online registration. The date and time for verification will be initiated to the candidates through their registered mobile no. and email addresses.
They have to carry all the necessary documents/ certificates in original (plus photocopy of each) at TFCs on the date and time specified to them. The list of all the documents that TNEA applicants must carry atTFCs is given below-
- A printed copy of registered application i.e. filled-in application form.
- High School/SSC/ Class X marksheet
- HSC marksheet and HSC hall ticket
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Caste/ Community certificate (if claiming for reservation under a particular category)
- Nativity certificate
- Income certificate
- First Graduate Certificate & first graduate joint declaration
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (if applicable)
- Other required documents
TNEA Admission Reservation of Seats
Category-wise seat reservation as per the government policy for TNEA 2020 is provided as under-
|Open Competition (OC)||31%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1%|
|Backward Class (BC)||26%|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5%|
|Most Backward Class &Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20%|
Random Number for TNEA 2020 candidates will be generated after registration and successful verification of original documents at the Facilitation Centres. It is basically a 10-digit unique number distributed to registered candidates.
It is used as a tool for breaking the ties between the marks of two candidates. In case all the other tie-breaking criteria have failed and exhausted, then this 10-digit random number is used as a tie-breaker. Candidate having the smaller random number will be given preference.
Candidates shall be intimated about the generation of random number through email/ SMS/ official portal. Once it will be allotted, they have to check it by logging in online.
TNEA Application Form- Rank List
After the scrutiny of applications made by the applicants, TNEA authority will publish the rank list of the candidates. Rank list will be prepared on the basis of marks of candidates in class 12th. No separate examination will be conducted.
You can check the rank list at the TNEA 2020 portal. It will be published in the month of September.
TNEA 2020 Counselling
TNEA 2020 counseling is scheduled to be started from 17th September 2020. Counseling will be conducted only in online mode. Candidates who would verified their original documents at the TFCs and receive the receipts will have to apply for online counseling.
Under this procedure, they are required to fill and lock their choice for their preferred college and trade. On the basis of their choice, rank, availability of seats and various other factors TNEA authority will publish the seat allotment lists and finally, seats will be allotted to the candidates. DoTE, Tamil Nadu will conduct various seat allotment rounds until all the seats in participating colleges get filled.
How to do registration for TNEA 2020?
In this section, you will get information about you can submit online application for TNEA 2020. You just have to follow the steps given below-
- Visit the official portal for TNEA 2020 (http://www.tneaonline.in/).
- Click on the registration link if not registered.
- After successful registration, click on login button.
- Login with the email id and password.
- Now, application form will appear and start by filling all the personal details carefully in the application form.
- After filling personal information, move to special reservation.
- Now, proceed to scholarship info.
- Fill school of study and academic information.
- Now, preview all the details.
- Fill payment details .
- After successful submission, download the application for references.
Click Here to apply
TNEA 2020- FAQs
Selection will be made on the basis of academic merit of the candidates.
You can visit your nearby TNEA Facilitation Centre to get assistance related to admission process and to submit your online application.
No, you are not eligible. Only the native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Yes, without verification of documents, you will not be allowed to apply for counseling.
No, you can only register through the online mode.
If will register under this particular category, you should verify your original documents/ certificates at TFC Chennai only.
It is a 10-digit unique number used as a tie-breaker. It is generated automatically at TNEA portal. You can get by logging with your valid login details.
You have to visit the TFC of your district that you have selected at the time of online application.
Helpline No- 044-22351014/ 1015
Hope you have understood all the important points related to TNEA application form registration 2020, if you have any query, then comment below and we will help you solve it.