TNEA 2023 official notification is published for the students of Tamil Nadu state. TNEA 2023 registration commenced on 5th May 2023 whose link will remain active by 4th June 2023. Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2023 is a single-window admission system through which candidates will be granted admission to B.Tech/B.E at various departments and constituent colleges of Anna University, Govt. & Govt. aided engineering colleges, and self-financing colleges at Tamil Nadu State.
Applicants need to submit their application online by visiting the portal whose direct link can be checked from this page. To collect other details of TNEA 2023 Application read the article.
TNEA Application Form 2023
All eligible candidates can register for TNEA 2023. No admission test will be conducted for the preparation of the merit and rank list of the applicants. Selection will be based on the merit of the candidates in the qualifying exams and counselling process
TNEA 2023 is managed by the Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE). Earlier it was the responsibility of Anna University to conduct this single window admission program.
TNEA 2023 Admission- Quick Overview
|Admission Process||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission|
|Article Category||Application details|
|Exam type||State-level entrance exam|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE)|
|Application date||5th May onwards|
|Mode of application||Online|
TNEA Application Form 2023
- Eligible applicants can apply for TNEA Admissions within the scheduled dates.
- Application can be made only through the online mode. No offline application forms will be available.
- Applicants have to apply through the official TNEA 2023 portal before the last date.
- Applicants must hold a valid mobile No. and an email Id before filling the online application form and both should be retained till the completion of counselling process.
- They must thoroughly read the information brochure before registration.
- Candidates should fill the application forms as early as possible. They should not wait for the last date.
- All the details in the TNEA application form should be filled with utmost care as applicants will not be given chance for a correction once the application finally submitted.
- Candidates are advised to keep all the documents handy while filling the application so that they refer them and avoid mistakes.
- They must take multiple printouts of the filled-in application form.
TNEA Application Dates 2023
TNEA 2023 schedule will be mentioned here once available officially: –
| Commencement of online registration ||
Beginning of uploading of original certificates
|5th May 2023|
|Last date for online registration |
Last date for uploading certificates
|4th June 2023|
|Assignment of Random Numbers||6th June 2023|
|Verification of original certificates at TFC’s||5th to 20 June 2023|
|Publication of rank list||26th June 2023|
|Grievance Redressal||26th to 30th June 2023|
|Counselling of reserved category (Disabled, Ex.servicemen & Sports)||2nd to 7th July 2023|
|General Counselling||7th July to 24th August 2023|
|Supplementary Counseling||28th to 30th August 2023|
|SCA to SC Counseling||1st to 3rd September 2023|
|End of counselling||3rd September 2023|
TNEA Application Form 2023 Eligibility
It is compulsory for all applicants to read the eligibility requirements before filling out the application. They should apply only if they have ensured that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions required for the application.
Similarly, for TNEA 2023, only eligible candidates should apply. In case a candidate is found ineligible at any stage of the admission process his/her candidature will be cancelled. They must go through the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authority for the admission process.
If you are interested in participating in this admission process, then you should know TNEA 2023 eligibility requirements. The complete eligibility criterion is given below-
- Candidates should be a resident of Tamil Nadu and must possess a domicile certificate issued by the competent authority.
Education Qualification Criteria
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent with PCM group from a recognized Board.
- Applicants should have scored 50% (general), 45% (OBC), and 40% (other reserved category) aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
- Applicants should not be more than the age of 25 years on notified dates.
For more details about the eligibility requirements, you can refer the detailed TNEA 2023 admission brochure
TNEA Application Fee 2023
- For general candidates, application fee will be Rs.500/- and for SC/ST/SCA candidates it will be Rs.250/-
- Applicants can make payment of application fee either through online mode (credit/debit card/ internet banking) or offline mode (demand draft).
- Payment through demand draft should be made at TFCs and should be drawn in the favour of “The Secretary, TNEA” payable at Chennai. Applicants must note that DD should not be dated earlier than the prescribed dates.
Online Registration Process for TNEA 2023
In this section, you will get information about you can submit an online application for TNEA 2023. You just have to follow the steps given below-
- Visit the official portal for TNEA 2023 (http://www.tneaonline.in/).
- Click on the registration link if not registered.
- After successful registration, click on login button.
- Login with the email id and password.
- Now, the application form will appear and start by filling all the personal details carefully in the application form.
- After filling in personal information, move to the special reservation.
- Now, proceed to scholarship info.
- Fill school of study and academic information.
- Now, preview all the details.
- Fill in payment details.
- After successful submission, download the application for references.
TNEA 2023 Registration Links
|TNEA 2023 Notification Pdf||Available Now|
|TNEA Registration Link||Available Now|
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission 2023 Verification of Documents
Once the registration procedure is completed, applicants have to appear for the document verifications at the designated TNEA 2023 Facilitation Centres (TFCs).
Candidates will be allotted Facilitation Centres as per choice filled by them at the time of online registration. The date and time for verification will be initiated to the candidates through their registered mobile no. and email addresses.
They have to carry all the necessary documents/ certificates in original (plus a photocopy of each) at TFCs on the date and time specified to them. The list of all the documents that TNEA applicants must carry atTFCs is given below-
- A printed copy of registered application i.e. filled-in application form.
- High School/SSC/ Class X marksheet
- HSC marksheet and HSC hall ticket
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Caste/ Community certificate (if claiming for reservation under a particular category)
- Nativity certificate
- Income certificate
- First Graduate Certificate & first graduate joint declaration
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (if applicable)
- Other required documents
TNEA Admission Reservation of Seats
Category-wise seat reservation as per the government policy for TNEA 2023 is provided as under-
|Open Competition (OC)||31%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|
|Backward Class (BC)||26%|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5%|
|Most Backward Class &Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC||20%|
TNEA 2023 Random Number
Random Numbers for TNEA 2023 candidates will be generated after registration and successful verification of original documents at the Facilitation Centres. It is basically a 10-digit unique number distributed to registered candidates.
It is used as a tool for breaking the ties between the marks of two candidates. In case all the other tie-breaking criteria have failed and been exhausted, then this 10-digit random number is used as a tie-breaker. Candidate having a smaller random number will be given preference.
Candidates shall be intimated about the generation of random number through email/ SMS/ official portal. Once it will be allotted, they have to check it by logging in online.
TNEA 2023- FAQs
Selection will be made on the basis of academic merit of the candidates.
You can visit your nearby TNEA Facilitation Centre to get assistance related to admission process and to submit your online application.
No, you are not eligible. Only the native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Yes, without verification of documents, you will not be allowed to apply for counselling.
No, you can only register through the online mode.
If will register under this particular category, you should verify your original documents/ certificates at TFC Chennai only.
It is a 10-digit unique number used as a tie-breaker. It is generated automatically at TNEA portal. You can get by logging with your valid login details.
You have to visit the TFC of your district that you have selected at the time of online application.
Helpline No- 044-22351014/1015
Hope you have understood all the important points related to TNEA application form registration 2023, if you have any query, then comment below and we will help you solve it.