RIMC admission application for Jan 2023: Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) has invited the application for Admissions in RIMC Dehradun for the term Jan 2023. Male and female applicants who are looking for this may submit their applications by 25 April 2022 to their respective state government. The written examination for RIMC Jan 2023 for both boys and girls will be conducted on 4 June 2022 and those who will qualify for this will be called for the Viva-voce test on notified dates. To know more in detail about the RIMC Application 2022 read this article.
In this article, readers looking for information on RIMC 2022 admissions will get all the necessary details regarding the same in a very easy language. The article covers information on the application form, application fee, eligibility, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus, result, etc.
- 1 RIMC Admissions 2022
- 2 RIMC Application 2022
- 3 RIMC Entrance Exam 2022
- 4 RIMC Selection Procedure 2022
RIMC Admissions 2022
|Admission||RIMC Dehradun Entrance Exam|
|Article category||Admission and application info|
|Admission frequency||Twice a year|
|Conducting body||RIMC, Dehradun|
|Admission month||January & July|
|Mode of application procedure||Offline|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
Rashtriya Indian Military College is an Inter-Service Institution and a Category “A’ establishment which is administered by the Director-General of Military Training, Army Headquarters, New Delhi. It is established in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. It provides school education and training to young boys of the country for their all-round development with an aim to send these boys to NDA/NAVAC. The school education is affiliated with CBSE board.
Admission to the academy is made to only class VIII. Admissions in RIMC are bi-annual i.e. admissions are made twice a year in the month of January and July. It is the only school in Indian where class X and XII Board exams are conducted twice a year. Admissions are only granted to male candidates. Only 25 students from all the states and Union territories are selected in each term.
RIMC Jan 2023 Important Date
|Last date to accept application from state Govt.||25 April 2022|
|Date of examination||4 June 2022|
|Declaration of result||to be informed later|
|Interview/ Viva-voce||to be informed later|
RIMC Jan 2023 Examination Details
The examination for Jan 2023 will now be held as per the given schedule: –
|Subject||Exam date||Exam time|
|Mathematics||4 June||9:30 AM to 11:30 AM|
|GK||4 June||12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM|
|English||4 June||2:30 PM to 4:30 PM|
RIMC generally, allot one vacancy per state which means only one candidate is selected for admission in the academy. However, states with a larger population can have two vacancies.
RIMC Admission Eligibility 2022
Parents must check the eligibility criteria first. They must ensure that their child fulfills the eligibility requirement before filling the application form.
Check the complete eligibility criteria for RIMC admissions-
- Only male (boys) candidates are eligible for admission.
- Candidates should not be less than 11 ½ years of age and should not have attained the age of 13 at the time of admission i.e. on 1st Jan 2023.
- Candidates must be studying in class VII or passed class VII from a recognized school at the time of admission.
- Candidates must be medically fit as the medical standards of the academy at the time of admission.
RIMC Application 2022
- RIMC Application is provided in an offline mode. No other mode of application is applicable.
- RIMC prospectus-cum-application form can be obtained from the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Garhi Cantt, Dehradun, Uttarakhand Pin Code 248003 through speed post by making payment of application fee through a demand draft.
- Parents/candidates must mention the address clearly in capital letters with a pin code.
- Candidates should only fill the officially issued application forms. Only officially issued application forms shall be valid. No photocopy or locally printed application forms are accepted.
How to obtain the RIMC Application form?
There are two modes available through which you can get the application form from the authority:
You can make the payment online for the prospectus/ application form along with the old question paper of examination by making a payment of Rs. 600/- for general candidates and Rs 555/- for SC/ST category candidates. Such payment can be done from the official website of RIMC. Once your payment has been received by the officials successfully the application form will be dispatched to your address through Speed Post.
By Sending Demand Draft
You can also send the application form cum prospectus fee through demand draft in favour of
“THE COMMANDANT RIMC DEHRADUN”, DRAWEE BRANCH, STATE BANK OF INDIA, TEL BHAVAN, DEHRADUN, (BANK CODE-01576), UTTARAKHAND
- Along with DD, you are also required to send applicant caste certificate.
- Do mention your address and pin code and contact number clearly.
RIMC Dehradun Application fee 2022
- General candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs.600/-.
- SC/ST candidates have to Rs.555/-
- Demand draft should be drawn in the favor of “COMMANDANT RIMC DEHRADUN”, BRANCH SBI TEL BHAWAN, DEHRADUN BANK CODE 01576, UTTARAKHAND”.
- The application fee will not be refunded in any condition.
RIMC Entrance Exam 2022
For admission to RIMC has to appear in the entrance test that will be a written examination. The complete information regarding the pattern of examination is as follows-
- The entrance test will be conducted in an offline mode (written examination).
- The question paper will be total 400 marks
- The question paper consists of three subjects viz. English, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The exam is conducted in two phases/papers. English and Mathematics exam i.e. paper one is conducted on the first day and General knowledge i.e. paper two is conducted on the second day.
- The medium of the exam will be both Hindi and English for Mathematics and General knowledge paper.
- Candidates must score 50% to qualify for the written examination.
RIMC Admit Card 2022
Admit card will be dispatched to the addresses of the applicants through the post before the conduct of exam. Therefore, it is advised to applicants to mention the correct address in the application form. It is compulsory for all the applicants to bring the admit card to exam centers positively on the day of exam. Without admit card no candidates will be allowed to write the exam.
RIMC Exam Centers 2022
RIMC exam centers are allotted by the conducting authority. Exam centers are mainly allotted in the capital/ cities/town of the state. Exam center information is mentioned on the admit cards issued to the candidates.
RIMC Selection Procedure 2022
RIMC selection procedure includes three stages. Candidates have to go through the written examination, vice-voice, and medical examination round. The complete detail is as follows-
- Written Examination – As we have mentioned earlier, it will be an offline exam that will have three parts. The exam will be of total 400 marks and candidates have to obtain minimum 200 marks to qualify. Candidates can answer general knowledge and mathematics questions in Hindi and English.
- Vice-Voce – The written exam will be followed by the viva-voce/interview round. Candidates who will qualify the written exam will be called for vice-voice. The oral examination is conducted to test the confidence, personality, and intelligence of the candidates. Candidates must score 50% marks to qualify the exam.
- Medical Examination – The last stage of the selection process is the medical examination. All the selected candidates have to go through a medical examination in the Military Hospital. Only medically fit candidates will be considered for selection to RIMC. It is part of a selection procedure and does not guarantee the final selection and admission of the candidate.
RIMC Entrance Exam Result 2022
Once all the selection procedure will be completed, RIMC will declare the final result. Candidates selected for admission will be issued a call letter for joining. They have to be present at the joining venue on the specified dates with all the required documents (original plus photocopy). All the joining details like dress code, documents, etc. are provided on the call letter.
RIMC Admission Required Documents
Parent of the candidates are required to produce following documents in original at the time of admission-
- Agreement Form (Bond)
- Bank Draft
- Risk Certificate
- Medical fitness certificate regarding infectious disease
- Municipal Birth Certificate in original plus photocopy
- Photocopy of parent’s annual income certificate, ITR & assessment order
- School transfer certificate
- Domicile certificate issued by the competent authority
- 8 passport size photograph, one copy of the family photographs, postcard size photograph of a mother, father, brother, sister
- Rs.5000/- cash for the opening personal account
Withdrawal of application
- Candidate can be withdrawn from academy at any time.
- Withdrawal of candidates can be done on the basis of a request made by parents or by the decision of school at the rate of Rs.2876/- per week (plus the amount of scholarship).
RIMC Admission- Important Points 2022
- RIMC admission form for Jan 2023 is available now.
- Admission to RIMC is bi-annual.
- Application forms can be filled only through offline mode within the specified dates
- Candidates applying under SC/ST category must send a copy of their caste certificate along with a demand draft at the time of sending a request for application form.
- Admit card is issued at least two weeks before the exam only through the post.
RIMC cadets are also provided scholarships by various states and union territories. The table given below shows the scholarship provided by the stated and UTs-
|State||Amount per cadet per year|
|Nagaland||Full- bill reimbursed|
Hope you got a good idea about how to take admission in the RIMC Dehradun school, however, if we missed any point or you have any query/doubt you can ask us in the discussion section at the end of the article. Our team will be happy to assist you with it.
The last date to submit the online application for boys and girls applicants is 25 April 2022
The mode of form submission is offline.
To get the application form applicants need to make the payment of application form either through online mode or by sending the Demand draft in favour of the commandant of RIMC.
The application form fee for general candidates is Rs. 600 whereas for SC/ST candidates its Rs 550/-.