Pune University Admission Entrance Exam 2020: Candidates who wish to pursue their bachelor and under graduation degree from Pune University do not have to wait for the notification of the admission procedure as the application process has been started from 1st June. In order to get the information brochure candidates have to go to the official website of the university www.unipune.ac.in. All affiliated college offers courses such as M.Phil., M.A, M.A (external), M.F.A, M.O.L, B.A, B.O.L. MBA, M.Sc. etc.
- Pune University will release its Online Entrance exam result on 6th Oct 2020.
- University has released the OEE schedule for PG diploma, diploma & certificate courses
- Update: Pune University has reopened the online application form for admission in PG Graduate and diploma courses. Check details given below
- Pune University has declared UG and Integrated PG courses OEE entrance result check here
- Check here merit list of UG and integrated PG courses
The applications are to be filled online for all the certificate, diploma, UG and PG programs. The last date to submit the online application is 30th June 2020. Interested candidates can submit the applications by visiting the official portal within the scheduled date.
Pune University Entrance Exam 2020 UG/PG
Here in this article, we are providing all information related to Pune University Admission 2020.
The Savitribai Phule Pune University is one of the top Universities in India. It is located in the North-Western part of Pune city. The Campus is spread in a total of 411 acres and has a well-established infrastructure, the University was established on the 10th of February 1949 which was in the Poona University Act. The University is widely known as the “Oxford of the East” as the educational facilities are world-class itself, it houses a total of 46 academic departments.
The University consists of 307 recognized research Institutions and total 612 affiliated colleges that offer courses in Post Graduation and Under Graduation. The students from foreign are at large number in the University due to the world-class facilities offered in the University. The accommodation facilities provided in the University are excellent and the provision for the hostel is also available with all the necessary facilities for the students.
Pune University Admission 2020- Important Dates
|For Post Graduate/Graduate/Interdisciplinary/Integrated Courses (Entrance Exam|
|Staring of application submission||1st June 2020|
|Online entrance exam||1st week of August 2020|
|Publication of result||18th August 2020|
|For Certificate & Diploma Courses (Department Level Entrance Exams|
|Starting of online application||1st June 2020|
|Application reopened on||2nd September|
|Last date of application|
|Exam date||28th to 20th September 2020|
|Result date||3rd October 2020|
|Merit & waiting list will be available||10th to 15th October 2020|
Pune University Entrance Examination 2020
The entrance examination is conducted by the university for checking the level of the student’s mind, thinking and also to select the best students from different parts of the country. In Pune university also there is entrance examination for the department of chemistry – Pune University Common Management Entrance Test for admission in M.Sc. Chemistry (Analytical, Biochemistry, Inorganic, Organic, and Physical) for Pune as well as candidates outside Pune.
Pune University reopened application for PG and PG diploma courses
Pune University Admission Application Form 2020
The candidate who wants to apply for the registration for the admission in the different courses can get the application form from the university official website. After filling the application form, they will get a registration number which will be used again to download Admit Card.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
For Under Graduate course
- For subjects like – B.A, B.O.L candidates who are looking for the UG courses must have passed their class 12th from any recognized school from any board in India.
- Minimum percentage is 50% in 12th
- In case of sports, a candidate must be medically fit.
For Post-Graduation courses-
- The candidate who is looking for the post-graduation courses has to pass their graduation from the recognized university in the country.
- For MBA, M.Sc. subjects, candidates who are looking for doing one of these subjects from Pune University they have to give an entrance examination which is CAT and if they score well then only they will get the admission.
- Science background students can also give CAT exam if they wish to pursue higher education from management side after B. tech.
- MBA candidates belonging to Maharashtra will have to qualify MAH- CET exam. Outside Maharashtra Candidates, students can also apply for the application through CAT/MAT/ATMA/XAT/MAH-CET.
- The University will also accept JNU CEEB scores for admission in M.Sc. Biotechnology for final admission process.
- All admission in the PG courses are based on the merit scored in the exam held before the qualifying exam.
- The candidate should possess the citizenship of India.
- The candidate must not be involved in any criminal cases from any part of the country.
Pune University Admission–
The Pune University has the rule to select the candidate for the courses of undergraduate and post-graduation program by conducting the entrance exam for various courses to get the best candidates from all the candidate from the state or across the country. The candidate who wants to do their graduation and post-graduation has to give an entrance examination and if they successfully qualify with a good score then they will get admission to the university.
Important Info Related to the Pune University Admission 2020
|Admission process||Pune University Admissions 2020|
|University Name||Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU)|
|University Type||State University|
|Apply Link||Click Here|
|University Contact Number||020 25696064|
|Under Graduate Courses||B.A Bachelor of Fine Arts, B.O.L in Sanskrit|
|Post Graduate||M.A, M.F.A, M.A in Sanskrit linguistics|
|Other Courses||Ph.D., M.Phil.|
|Address||Ganeshkhind, Pune Maharashtra 411007|
|Email (for queries)||email@example.com|
Admission procedure to SPPU, Pune is not same for all programs. Admissions to some of the programs are made on the basis of entrance exam and for some of the course it is done on the basis of merit or marks in the qualifying exams.
It mainly includes the most important step which is submission of Pre-admission enrolment of the candidate as this step is mandatory and only after the successful completion of this process the next step will come into execution.
The admission fee will be different in all courses because there are some courses like engineering, Ph.D. etc. Here the entrance exam is conducted at all India level and candidate are selected on the bases of their performance in the entrance examination for the course. The examination fee is different for the candidate from different class or category.
The admit card will be issued for the various courses under Pune university before 2 or 3 weeks of examination. The candidate will get the admit card on the official website of the university or college.
The admit card consists of some valid details about the candidate like: –
- Roll number.
- Number of subjects.
- Name of the center.
- Name of the examination.
- Name of the organization who conduct this exam.
- Enrollment number of the candidate.
The admit card and hall ticket are mandatory for the candidate to carry on the day of the examination, candidates without the admit cards will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Candidates carrying these documents will be allowed to give the exam.
How to get Pune University Admit Card?
- The candidate can go on the website of the college.
- Now click on the link of admit card which will be highlighted.
- The link of admit card will open.
- The candidate has to enter his or her registration number for the admit card to be issued.
- The admit card of the candidate will be displayed on the homepage.
- The candidate can check their detail and can print the admit card now and keep it secure till the examination process is over.
SPPU Admission Result
The results will be announced after sometime when the exam will be conducted in all the colleges. It can be easily downloaded from the official website of Pune University. Below we are providing some simple steps that will help to download the result.
- Go to official website i.e. www.unipune.ac.in
- Click on the link given for the results which will be highlighted
- Submit your roll number in the field given
- Press enter button.
- Download the result and take a print-out for future reference.
Pune University Merit List 2020
The merit list will be issued after the examination, it will be prepared as per the performance of the candidates in the entrance examination and it will generate as per the guidelines of the Pune University. The list of the results will be uploaded on the official website of the university.
Cut Off Marks
The University announces the admissions schedule of the various courses offered by it in the month of May and June every year. The name of candidates who will qualify the entrance examination will be mentioned in the cut off list of the university. The highest scoring candidates will be given admission in the University.
Pune University Counselling
Once, the examinations are completed, the candidate will have to wait for the merit list and the candidates who have cleared the exams with good marks will get the opportunity to enter in the counseling session conducted by the University. Before the counseling session starts the candidates class 10th and 12th marks are also kept in consideration and also the score of CAT & MAT etc.
The merit list and cut-off list for the college are issued and which come under the Pune University in India. Only those candidates are liable for the round of counseling who has their name on the list.
Seat Matrix for the Pune University Courses
Pune University will have some reservation for the candidates who come from the reserved category. It is provided by the University to encourage the candidate to participate in more number from the backward class and reserve quota in the country.
MCA (Science Faculty)
Total Seats 60
|Pune University (PU) Quota – Total Seats 42|
|General||Total Seats 21||21|
|Reservation Total Seats 21||SC||5||05|
|General||Total Seats 9||09|
|Reserved Categories (Maharashtra) other than Pune University|
|Reservation Total Seats 9||SC||2||1 (SC/ST)||4|
|M.Sc.(Computer Science) Total Seats 30|
|Pune University Quota (MH Domicile)||11||11|
Total Seats 10
|General Total Seats||4||4|
Reserved Categories (Maharashtra) other than Pune University Quota
Total Seats 5
How to fill up the Pune University Admission Form
There are two steps in fulfilling the application form. The first step is that a candidate required to fill up the pre-admission enrolment form online and submit the same with the admission form of Pune University 2020-21.
- Go to the official link and get yourself registered
- Username and password can be selected on choice which must be remembered by the candidate until the examination process is completed.
- Study the conditions carefully and then click ‘Apply Online’link
- Every candidate will have a unique and valid mobile number and email id
- In registration, you will get Login ID and Password through an SMS
- Fill up your personal and academic details carefully.
- Make sure to Submit the pre-admission enrolment form within the given dates
- After submission, candidates need to take a print out of the same.
- The challan link is to click for the submission of fees and then select the back button.
- Follow the payment method by direct cash or through the challan.
- After selecting the payment method of direct cash deposit the online challan will generate and after submitting the application form the student should submit the challan at cash counter or any branch of the selected bank by the candidate
- Once the payment is made the challan will be divided into 3 parts and the bank will issue 2 parts of the challan and with their stamp on it the stamped copy is to be submitted and the along with the application form printout to the University.
- The submit button is to be clicked and then it will redirect you to the home page from where the candidate can click the download button and print a copy of the application.
- With this and all other documents are needed to be submitted along with Pune University 2020 admission form before the last day.
The candidates who want to study from a state university like Pune University will have to fill their nomination form. The university will issue a cutoff list and the merit list for the various courses offered in the university after the examination and they will call for the counseling of the selected candidates in the University.
Here the seats are limited and the candidates are applying from all across the country. The candidates are also selected as per their percentage in class 12th. The candidate has to see that he did not miss the time of submitting the application and must be before time because the late application will not be taken into consideration by the university.