PU CET UG Admission 2020: PUCET stands for Panjab University common entrance test is a university level entrance exam conducted by the Panjab University, Chandigarh. This exam is organized to provide admissions in various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate programs.
On this page, we mainly focus on PU CET UG Admission 2020. Candidates need to appear in the PUCET UG examination to get a seat in the Panjab University and other affiliated colleges. Candidates who qualify in the PUCET UG exam will get eligible for admission into B.Pharmacy, BA, B.Com, and B.Sc. Hons. Programs.
PU CET UG Admission 2020
The university grants admission by the process of choice based credit system(CBCS).
This article will further provide you with all the details of PU CET UG Admission 2020 and all other necessary information.
Latest Update: PUCET UG 2020 Online Application Form last date has been extended to 17th September 2020. And for PG admission it has been extended till 19th September 2020.
The tentative exam dates for the PUCET to be conducted are given below (the dates may change, according to the university).
PU CET UG Important Dates
|Events||Dates for UG||Dates for PG|
|Application form filling starting date||11th March 2020||20th April 2020|
|Last day for filing of the application Form||17th Sep 2020||19th Sep 2020|
|Admit card||Sep 2020||Sep 2020|
|Exam date||10th October 2020||11th October 2020|
|Announcement of result||–||–|
|Starting of counseling||–||–|
PUCET 2020 Application Form- Details
- The application process has begun from 11th March 2020 for UG Courses and from 20th April for PG Courses
- The application forms must be submitted before the last date mention below.
- Candidates must make sure that the details submitted by them in the application form are all correct, because no change after the submission will be entertained.
- There is no portal or application correction option available through the university.
- The application form is divided into four categories, first is registration, where the candidate will get a registration number which will be needed further for logging in
- Second, filling up form details, third uploading scanned images of photographs, documents, and signature as per the size guided by the university. Lastly, candidates need to submit the application fee.
- Application fees can be submitted by online means of net banking, credit or debit card. Or by the offline mode that is SBI e- Challan.
To Fill PUCET UG 2020 Application Form– Click Here
To fill PUCET 2020 PG Application Form– Click Here
Application fees for the different category are listed below :
|Category||Application Fee for UG||Fee for PG|
|General category||Rs. 2175/. (PCM/PCB/M)||Rs. 2175/-|
|SC/ST/PWD candidates||Rs. 1088/. (PCM/PCB/M)||Rs. 1088/-|
|Candidates who opt for an additional paper-like Maths or Biology||Rs. 300 (UG); (Biology/Maths)||Rs.575/-|
PU CET UG Admission 2020– Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate wishing to apply for PUCET UG 2020 must be an Indian, any non-Indian resident is not eligible for the exam.
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 from CBCS, Delhi or any other recognized board.
- A minimum of 50 percent is required in 10+2 to appear in the exam, a relaxation of 5 percent will be given for the students belonging from SC/ST/PWD category.
- Candidates who seek for admission in Panjab university must have passed their class 12th with physics, English, and chemistry as their compulsory subjects, and one optional as well ( mathematics, biology, biotechnology).
- The candidates must have 17 years of age , according to 31st December, at the time of admission.
PUCET UG 2020 Exam Pattern
- PUCET exam is only conducted via offline mode.
- For completing each section of the question paper candidates will be given 70 minutes straight, and for the PWD candidates, 20 minutes extra will be given.
- The question paper is only available in English and candidates need to answer only in English.
- The test paper comprises of all multiple-choice questions,
- Two marks are awarded for each correct answer and 0.5 marks are deducted for each wrong answer.
Questions are asked from four different fields which are, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
60 questions from each section carrying two marks each, which makes the total 480 marks.
Syllabus for the PUCET UG 2020
The syllabus mainly covers the whole science syllabus of class 11th and 12th. relevant topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are mainly in focus, along with maths.
Some broad topics and chapters are discussed below, students are advised to go through these topics :
- Laws of motion
- Work energy and power
- Gravitation, properties of bulk matter
- Thermodynamics, behaviour of perfect gas
- Oscillation and waves
- Motion of systems and particles
- Basic concepts
- Structure of atom
- Chemical bonding
- Molecular structure
- Organic chemistry
- Redox reaction
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural organization in plants and animal cells
- Cell, structure and function
- Plant Physiology
- Matrices and determinants
- Three dimensional geometry
- Limits and derivatives
- Mathematical reasoning
- Binomial theorem
- Conic sections
- Mathematical induction
- Sequence and series
Students are advised to follow the NCERT text books for detailed knowledge and to the point questions from the paper/
PUCET UG 2020 Admit Card
After the registration process is successfully completed, then the admit card will be issued as per the dates mentioned above in this article
Candidates need to log in on the official website of the university by entering the login credentials and download their PUCET Admit Card.
No hard copy of the admit card will be sent offline to any of the appearing candidates, all the students need to download and print it from the official website only. All the necessary details about the exam date, venue and timings will be mentioned on the admit card
The candidate must carry their respective admit card along with them to the examination centre.
Admit cards will be available for downloading to the candidates in the last week of May 2020.
PUCET UG 2020 Answer Keys
The answer key of PUCET UG 2020 will be published online after a few days of the exam. With the help of the answer key students can evaluate their performance and calculate their estimate score of the entrance exam.
By the help of the code of the respective paper students can download the answer key.
If any candidate founds any disparity in the marking scheme, candidates must write an official letter to the exam conducting body within two days of the release of answer key.
Any delay in this process will lead to no actions under taken.
PUCET UG 2020 Result
PUCET Result 2020 will be announced after exam, students can log in to the official website by the given link and check their results. Results can also be given by online means.
Also, only one scorecard will be generated for all. No separate scorecards will be generated for single students, all students need to find their respective names from the singles scorecard generated.
After the release of the result , a combined merit list will be announced based on the performance of the candidate. Further call for counseling will also be determined on the basis of the merit list formed.
Cut Off Marks For PUCET 2020
Cut off marks is the minimum marks that should be obtained by the candidate to be eligible for admission under the rules and norms of university. For general candidates 15 percent and for reserved categories, 10 percent of the total marks must be secured in the entrance by the candidate to be eligible for admissions.
Candidates will be given admission based on their rank in the merit list that takes 75 percent of the weightage and 25 percent of weightage is given to the marks secured in their class 12th plus weightage of other activities is also considered.
PUCET 2020 Counselling
The PUCET counselling procedure is carried out in three tiers and students need to fill their preferences for subjects online for admission in various courses.
Steps involved in counselling process are-
Filling of the admission form with correct details as given earlier
Locking of choices and reporting to the institute.
Seats will be allotted to the candidates based on the rank they hold in the merit list. Also students need to bring their original documents for verification.
Documents to be Carried During the Counselling:
- Counselling letter which each student will receive individually.
- PUCET 2020 admit card
- Class 10 and 12 original mark sheets
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate applicable for the reserved categories.
Some useful preparation tips for the students
- Go through the entire syllabus properly on our page as well as on the official website
- Do not skip any of the mentioned topics.
- Take proper health care during exams
- Make proper time schedules for each topics to get covered.
- Make notes, mark questions that you think are important.
Go through the official website on regular basis so that you don’t miss any of the important dates.
And for more details stay updated with our page.