NIOS Admission Form 2023: NIOS Stream-1 Block I application forms are available now. Interested candidates can fill out the NIOS application form before the last date online from the official portal. But before you may proceed to the registration window you need to check out some important information regarding the application form submission which we have discussed in this article.
NIOS admission form must be filled out before the last date. After that, the application will be closed and candidates will not be able to apply. Applicants must make sure that they provide authentic information and upload all the required documents.
NIOS Admissions Form 2023
Scroll down and get all the important information about NIOS Application Registration 2023. Candidates will get information about the application form, schedule, online application procedure, eligibility criteria, and other related details in this article.
|Admission||NIOS Admissions 2023|
|Article type||Admission Form and application info|
|Mode of learning||Private (Open)|
|Application status||Active Now for Block II|
|Last Date to register (without late fee)||–|
|Mode of application||Online|
|The frequency of admission/examination||Twice a year|
|Admission to|| Class X and XII |
NIOS Admission Eligibility 2023
Before filling out the NIOS admission form, all the learners or applicants are required to read the eligibility mentioned in the prospectus carefully. Only eligible candidates are advised to fill out the application form.
Eligibility criteria for both secondary and higher secondary courses are as follows-
For admission to the secondary course-
- The learner must be 14 years of age for block I
- Candidates must be 14 years as for block II
- Candidates must have a class VIII certificate from a recognized Board as proof of minimum qualification.
For NIOS admission to the higher secondary course
- Candidates must be of 15 years of age.
- Applicants must have qualified class X from a recognized board and must have a secondary certificate.
NIOS Admission Form 2023
- NIOS Application Registration is completely online.
- Interested candidates can apply within the specified dates. The application portal will be closed after the last date.
- Applicants must go through the NIOS prospectus and all the instructions before applying.
- Applicants must keep all the documents ready with them before filling out the application form and they must refer to the documents to fill in the details so that they can avoid mistakes.
NIOS Application Registration Process
As an application for admissions can be made only through online mode, candidates have to fill out the form from the official website. In order to, provide assistance to the applicants in filling out the application form, we have shared the complete procedure below.
- Candidates have to visit the student portal of NIOS.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Fill in the required details and click on the submit button.
- After this step application form will appear. It will consist of 4 sections-
- Basic Details, Personal details, subject selection, study centre selection
- Fill Basic Details
- Click on Basic details.
- Enter details like father’s name, mother’s name, mobile no., and email.
- Click on “Generate OTP”
- OTP will be generated for validating all the details.
- Fill in all the other details like caste, category, etc.
- Upload Documents
- Click on “Other Information”
- Upload the scanned copy of the photograph, ID proofs, and other documents.
- Click on the “NEXT” button.
- After completing this step, a username and password will be created for the learners. They are required to keep the username and password safe.
- Fill in the optional details
- In this step, candidates have to fill in all the optional and miscellaneous details.
- Subject selection
- Here candidates have to select the subjects as per their course and also have to provide previous qualification details.
- Selection of study centre
- Now, learners have to select the study centre as per their preferences. They can select a maximum of 3 study centres.
- After filling in all the details and uploading all the documents, click on the “Review” button.
- Check all the details once again.
- After review click the “NEXT” option.
- The last step is to make a payment.
- Select any of the payment modes and make payment of the prescribed application fee.
- Take Printout
- Lastly, candidates can save and take a printout of the filled-in application form for future reference.
NOTE- Candidates also make payment later. For that, they have to log in to the student portal later by using the username and password.
NIOS Admission Form Fee
- All the candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs.400 per subject.
- Application fees can be paid through online mode (Credit Card /Debit Card/Net Banking), or through the Electronic Wallet of Common Service Centres (CSCs)
- In case of cancellation of admission, the application fee of the applicant will be refunded.
Documents required to submit NIOS Admission Form
- Recent Passport-size colour Photograph of the candidate.
- A valid identity proof (such as Aadhaar Card or Ration card or Passport etc.)
- Signature (preferably in Black Ink)
- Valid proof of Date of Birth (like a Birth Certificate or Aadhaar Card with the date of birth printed on it in the dd/mm/yy format etc.)
- Class 8th mark sheet or Self Certificate for admission to the second course). Class 10th mark sheet for the senior secondary course.
- A valid Residence proof (such as Aadhaar Card with complete address printed on it, / Water Bill/Electricity Bill/ Ration Card/ valid Passport /Voter ID/ Indian Passport/Statement of Operational Bank Account/Appointment Letter from the Employer on a Printed Letter Head, if living in rented accommodation – a copy of any proof of permanent address along with present Rented Agreement)
- Caste/ Social Category Certificate (if a candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC social category).
- Ex-serviceman Certificate (if the candidate is an Ex-serviceman)
- Disability Certificate (in of disability)
- Fail mark sheet of previous Board, failing which Transfer of Credit (TOC) marks will not be updated in NIOS result. If TOC Board marked with (*Other) is selected, then the result should be available on the concerned Board Website else the candidate has to submit a result verification letter from the concerned Board as per the norms of NIOS.
NIOS Application Registration Status 2023
Students who have applied through for NIOS admission can keep track of their application status online by login into the portal. Click Here to visit the login page.
Students after registering for NIOS should start preparing for the exam and form the proper strategy to get good marks in the exam.
NIOS Admission Form Instructions
- Application forms for Block I and II are currently available.
- Applicants have to apply only through online mode as no offline forms or another medium is available.
- Admission forms submitted without any supportive documents will not be accepted.
- There is no need to submit the hard copy application fee.
- Candidates are advised to provide only genuine information in the form and should also upload authentic documents. In case of any discrepancy in the information provided, the conducting authority shall cancel the admission of the learners.
- NIOS normally confirms the admission by issuing identity cards to the learners. Learners are advised to check all the information on the ID card. Any discrepancy in it must be brought to the notice of the concerned NIOS regional office.
- You can check your NIOS board result 2023 here.
About National Institute of Open Schooling Admissions
The National Institute of Open School formerly known as the National Open School is an autonomous body under the Union Government of India. It was established in 1989 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. NIOS is the largest open schooling system in the world.
It is a national board that provides mainly distance education, regular education to all the rural and urban areas along with vocational education. It administers an examination for secondary i.e. 10th and higher secondary i.e. class 12th. NIOS provides flexibility w.r.t admission, choice of subject, examination, and on-demand education. NIOS releases application forms and conducts exams twice a year.
To cater to the different needs of students there are four streams under which learners can get admission to NIOS. These streams are-
- I Stream – it includes online admissions for all learners
- II Stream – Includes admission for learners who want to appear in Oct/Nov exams.
- III Stream – Admission for learners who want to appear in the On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS for the Secondary level.
- IV Stream – For learners to want to appear in the On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS for the Senior Secondary level.
In case of any grievance or query related to NIOS admissions, candidates can contact the concerned regional offices.
Hope you have understood how to get admission to NIOS, in case you have questions in relation to the application form or any query about NIOS then you can ask us in the discussion section below. We are always in service to our readers.