NIOS Admission 2020 Form: NIOS Stream-1 Block I application form are available now whereas Block II application forms will be available from 16th September 2020. Interested candidates can fill the NIOS application form before the last date. Interested learners can apply for NIOS admission online as it the only mode to register.
Update: Block II registration has been started now whose link is given below.
NIOS admission form must be filled before the last date. After that, application will be closed and candidates will not be able to apply. Applicants must make sure that they provide authentic information and upload all the required documents.
NIOS Admissions 2020
- 1.1 NIOS Admission Important Dates 2020
- 1.2 NIOS Admission Eligibility 2020
- 1.3 NIOS Admission Application/Registration Form 2020
- 1.4 How to fill NIOS Application Form?
- 1.5 NIOS Admission- Documents
- 1.6 NIOS Admission Status 2020
- 1.7 NIOS Admission Some Important Instructions
- 1.8 About National Institute of Open Schooling Admissions
NIOS Admissions 2020
Scroll down and get all the important information about NIOS admission 2020. Candidates will get information about the application form, schedule, online application procedure, eligibility criteria, and other related details in this article.
|Admission||NIOS Admissions 2020|
|Article type||Admission Form and application info|
|Mode of learning||Private (Open)|
|Application status||Active Now for Oct/Nov exam 2020|
|Mode of application||Online|
|The frequency of admission/examination||Twice a year|
|Admission to|| Class X and XII |
NIOS Admission Important Dates 2020
|Block for Online Admission||Dates of Online Admission Stream-1||Fee||Examination in which the students can appear first time|
|Block-1 (April/May, 2020)||16th March – 31 July||Normal Fee||April/May, 2020|
|1 August – 15th August||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16th August to 31st August||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|1st Sept. to 15th Sept||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
|Block-II (October/November, 2020)||16th Sept. to 31st January||Normal Fee||October/November, 2020|
|1st February to 15th February||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16th February to 28th February||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|1st March. to 15th March||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
Candidates can also click on the direct link provided below to fill the application-
NIOS Admission Eligibility 2020
Before filling the NIOS admission form, all the learners or applicants are required to read the eligibility mentioned in the prospectus carefully. Only eligible candidates are advised to fill the application form.
Eligibility criteria for both secondary and higher secondary courses are as follows-
For admission to the secondary course-
- The learner must be of 14 years of age as on 31st July 2020 for block I
- Candidates must be of 14 years as on 31st January 2019 for block II
- Candidates must have a class VIII certificate from a recognized Board as proof of minimum qualification.
Also Check: NIOS 10th Date Sheet 2020
For NIOS admission to the higher secondary course
- Candidates must be of 15 years of age as on 31st July 2019 for block I
- Candidates must be of 15 years as on 31st January 2019 for block II
- Applicants must have qualified class X from a recognized board and must have a secondary certificate.
Also Check: NIOS 12th Date Sheet 2020
NIOS Admission Application/Registration Form 2020
- NIOS admission is totally based on online mode.
- Interested candidates can apply within the specified dates. Application portal will be closed after the last date.
- Applicants must go through the NIOS prospectus and all the instructions before application.
- Applicants must keep all the documents ready with them before filling the application form and they must refer the documents to fill the details so that they can avoid mistakes.
How to fill NIOS Application Form?
As an application for admissions can be made only through the online mode, candidates have to fill the form from the official website. In order to, provide assistance to the applicants in filling the application form, we have shared the complete procedure below.
- Candidates have to visit the student portal of NIOS.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Fill the required details and click on submit button.
- After this step application form will appear. It will consist of 4 sections-
- Basic Details, Personal details, subject selection, study center selection
- Fill Basic Details
- Click on Basic details.
- Enter details like father’s name, mother’s name, mobile no., email.
- Click on “Generate OTP”
- OTP will be generated for validating all the details.
- Fill all the other detail like caste, category, etc.
- Upload Documents
- Click on “Other Information”
- Upload the scanned copy of the photograph, ID proofs, and other documents.
- Click on the “NEXT” button.
- After completing this step, a username and password will be created for the learners. They are required to keep the username and password safe.
- Fill the optional details
- In this step, candidates have to fill all the optional and miscellaneous details.
- Subject selection
- Here candidates have to select the subjects as per their course and also have to provide previous qualification details.
- Selection of study center
- Now, learners have to select the study center as per their preferences. They can select a maximum of 3 study centers.
- After filling all the details and uploading all the documents, click on the “Review” button.
- Check all the details once again.
- After review click the “NEXT” option.
- The last step is to make a payment.
- Select any of the payment modes and make payment of the prescribed application fee.
- Take Printout
- Lastly, candidates can save and take a printout of the filled-in application form for future references.
NOTE- Candidates also make payment later. For that, they have to log in the student portal later by using the username and password.
NIOS Admission Application fee
- All the candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs.400 per subject.
- Application fee can be paid through online mode (Credit Card /Debit Card/Net Banking), or through Electronic Wallet of Common Service Centres (CSCs)
- In case of cancellation of admission, an application fee of the applicant will be refunded.
NIOS Admission- Documents
- Recent Passport size color Photograph of the candidate.
- A valid identity proof (such as Aadhaar Card or Ration card or Passport etc.)
- Signature (preferably in Black Ink)
- Valid proof of Date of Birth (like Birth Certificate or Aadhaar Card with the date of birth printed on it in the dd/mm/yy format etc.)
- Class 8th mark sheet or Self Certificate for admission to the secondary course). Class 10th mark sheet for the senior secondary course.
- A valid Residence proof (such as Aadhaar Card with complete address printed on it, / Water Bill/Electricity Bill/ Ration Card/ valid Passport /Voter ID/ Indian Passport/Statement of Operational Bank Account/Appointment Letter from the Employer on Printed Letter Head, if living in rented accommodation – copy of any proof of permanent address along with present Rented Agreement)
- Caste/ Social Category Certificate (if a candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC social category).
- Ex-serviceman Certificate (if the candidate is an Ex-serviceman)
- Disability Certificate (in of disability)
- Fail mark sheet of previous Board, failing which Transfer of Credit (TOC) marks will not be updated in NIOS result. If TOC Board marked with (*Other) is selected, then the result should be available on the concerned Board Website else candidate has to submit a result verification letter from the concerned Board as per the norms of NIOS.
NIOS Admission Status 2020
Studesnts who have applied though for NIOS admission can keep track of their application status online by login into the portal. Click Here to visit the login page.
Students after registring for NIOS, should strat preparing for the exam, and form the proper strategy get good marks in exam.
NIOS Admission Some Important Instructions
- Application forms for Block I and II are currently available.
- Applicants have to apply only through online mode as no offline forms or another medium is available.
- Admission forms submitted without any supportive documents will not be accepted.
- There is no need to submit the hard copy application fee.
- Candidates are advised to provide only genuine information in the form and should also upload authentic documents. In case of any discrepancy in the information provided, conducting authority shall cancel the admission of the learners.
- NIOS normally confirms the admission by issuing identity cards to the learners. Learners are advised to check all the information in the ID card. Any discrepancy in it must be brought to the notice of concerned NIOS regional office.
- You can check your NIOS board result 2020 here.
About National Institute of Open Schooling Admissions
National Institute of Open School formerly known as National Open School is an autonomous body under the Union Government of India. It was established in 1989 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. NIOS is the largest open schooling system in the world.
It is a national board that provides mainly distance education, regular education to all the rural and urban areas along with vocational education. It administers an examination for secondary i.e. 10th and higher secondary i.e. class 12th. NIOS provides flexibility w.r.t admission, choice of subject, examination, and on-demand education. NIOS release application forms and conduct exams twice a year.
To cater to the different needs of students there are four streams under which learners can get admission to NIOS. These streams are-
- I Stream – it includes online admissions for all learners
- II Stream – Includes admission for learners who want to appear in Oct/Nov exams.
- III Stream – Admission for learners who want to appear in On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS for Secondary level.
- IV Stream – For learners to want to appear in On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS for Senior Secondary level.
In case of any grievance or query related to NIOS admissions, candidates can contact the concerned regional offices.
Hope you have understood how to get admission in NIOS, in case you have questions in relation to the application form or any query of NIOS then you can ask us in the discussion section below. We are always in service to our readers.