MG University Admission 2020: Mahatma Gandhi University popularly known as MGU is in Kottayam, Kerala. It is one of four affiliating Universities of Kerala. MDU offers various UG and PG courses to the students. All those students who are looking for fine colleges for their further studies can consider this university as an option. The applications for admission to both UG and PG programs are available online till 15th of June 2020.
Update: MG University going to conduct its CAT (Common admission test) and for the same schedule has been released. Read more details given below.
UPDATE: Provisional rank list and trial allotment for UG candidates through CAP 2020 will be available on 4th September Check here
In this article, we have given the details of the admission process and courses offered by the university. Further in this article, the students will get to know about the eligibility criteria to get admission to the university as well.
- 1 MG University Admission 2020
- 2 Admission Process In UG Courses
MG University Admission 2020
The university offers 300 UG and PG courses to the students. Students can enroll in MDU to get higher education in subjects like Arts, Science, Commerce, Social Sciences & Technology and Applied Sciences, Physical Education, Management Sciences, etc.
Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU): An Overview
|Article Category||University Admission|
|University Name||Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU)|
|Course Name||UG, PG, and Doctorate|
|Course Medium||English And Telugu|
|CAT MGU 2020 Application link||Click Here|
PG CAT 2020 Examination schedule
About Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU)
The university is named on the father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi is in Kottayam, Kerala. Here students can get admission in various UG, PG and Doctorate courses. It’s a state university established in 1983. Approx 100 colleges are affiliated with this university in 4 districts of the state.
MG University is ranked among the 50 universities in the country is it’s one of the first preferences of the students to get admission in UG, PG and other courses. The university offers the admission to the interested and eligible candidates through merit list and entrance examination. Further in this article, the candidates will get to know about the eligibility and admission procedures in the university in different courses.
Have a look at the different courses offered by the university for different levels;
MGU Kerala UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result
Mahatma Gandhi University introduced the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) for admission to the students. In the process, the university offers a single admission window to the students. E university offers following UG courses to the eligible students;
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
Eligibility Criteria For UG Courses
Students can get admission in following disciplines of Bachelor of Arts;
- B.A. Arabic: Candidate must have passed in 10+2 with working knowledge in Arabic and studied Arabic in Secondary/ Higher Secondary /Equivalent course.
- B.A Sanskrit: Candidate must pass in +2 with working knowledge in Sanskrit and studied Sanskrit at least at SSLC or equivalent examinations
- B.A Tamil: Candidate must pass in +2 with working knowledge in Tamil and studied Tamil at +2 or equivalent examinations
- B.A. English: 10+2
- B.A. Hindi: 10+2
- B.A. Malayalam:10+2 with knowledge of Malayalam.
- B.A Archaeology and Museology
- B.A Economics
- B.A History
- B.A Islamic History
- B.A Philosophy
- B.A Political Science
- B.A Sociology
- B.A. in Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- Bachelor of Business Management (B.B.M.)
To get admission in all the above-mentioned UG courses the candidate must have passed in 10+2 or equivalent examination from a government recognized board. For the last two courses, the candidate must have passed in 10+2 or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate of marks
Admission Process In UG Courses
Admission in the UG courses will be done on the basis of the merit list. The applicants’ marks scored in 10+2 will play an important role in their admission in UG courses. The university will prepare a merit list based on the marks of the students who have applied for admission to the university. As per the rank list released by the university, candidates will be eligible for the seats allocated in all colleges that come under the university. Reserved quotas and communal reservation seats will be allotted to the eligible students as well.
MGU Kerala Admissions In PG Courses
MGU offers the following PG courses to its students. The students can get admission in one of them through CAT-MGU entrance exam:
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
- Master of Education (M.Ed)
- Master of Law (LL.M)
Admission in the aforementioned programs will be done on the basis of candidates’ performance in the university entrance examination (CAT-MGU). After the exam, the students will be called for the counseling round.
To get admission in any of the above mentioned course the applicant needs to complete the UG course in the same or relevant subjects. To get admission in LLM the candidate must possess L.L.B. degree with minimum 50% marks (or CGPA of 2) in the aggregate
Admission In Ph. D
The student with the following eligibility criteria can apply for the Ph.D. course in MDU;
- Applicant should possess a Postgraduate degree in any discipline from MG University or any other university.
- An applicant from the UR category must score a minimum of 55% aggregate in PG. For SC/ST candidates, one should have a minimum of 50% in PG degree
- Candidates awaiting the results of PG degree can also apply for the program
Selection in Ph.D. from MDU will depend on applicants’ performance in the WAT exam. for the exam, the registration will be done from the website of MDU.
The admission of the applicants will depend on their marks scored in C-MAT Exam conducted by the university itself. The university will release the entrance exam schedule and the admit card online. Students will have to download the admit card and take the examination. The result of the exam will also be available on the university’s official website.
How To Apply for PG Courses?
To apply for the PG courses offered by the university the candidates will have to follow the below mentioned instruction;
- Visit the official website of the university and click on the CAT-MGU 2019 link. OR you can directly log on to www.cat.mgu.ac.in. Upon registration, here you will be allotted username and password. Use these credentials to fill the concerned application form.
- Now fill the application form with all the correct details.
- Recheck the form after filling it to make sure all the details mentioned are correct and proceed for the payment mode. The details of the registration fee are as follows:
- For General Candidates – INR 500 per program/cluster of programs.
- For SC/ST candidates from Kerala – INR 250 per program/ cluster of programs.
How To Apply For Admission in UG courses
Here is the process to apply for the admission in UG courses offered by the university;
- To get admission in the course of your choice you will have to apply through the official university website.
- On the home page of the website, you will have to click on the “UG CAP” link. An instruction manual will appear on your screen, follow the given steps to apply for the course of your choice.
- It’s essential for the students to read all the instructions carefully before filling up the online application form
- Candidates seeking admission through merit/management quota/ sports quota/cultural quota/Lakshadweep quota, staff quota can apply directly to the concerned institute.
- Pay the application fee at last and attach the copies of below mentioned documents;
- Application Fee: All candidates except SC/ST: 250/- and for SC/ST candidates: 125/-
- Important Documents:
- Allotment memo received online.
- Receipt of fee remitted in the bank.
- Certificate of date of birth
- Transfer certificate for last attended institute.
- Mark list of +2 or equivalent examination.
- Eligibility certificate from MGU in case candidates passed from another college/institute/board except for CBSE/CISCE.
- Migration certificate, if applicable.
- Cast certificate in case of SC/ST.
The Bottom Line
The article has all the information about admission in MDU. In case of any further query, feel free to write to us in the comment box below.