MDU Rohtak Admission 2020: Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU) Rohtak is a well-known university that offers various courses to the students through regular and distance learning. MDU is a public state university located in the state of Haryana. Here students can get enrolled in UG, PG and research courses. Approx 260+ colleges are affiliated with the university. The university follows both procedures to offer admission to eligible and interested candidates; admission through entrance test and merit. The admission procedure may vary for different courses.
MDU Rohtak Admission 2020
MDU is known for the quality education it offers to the students. All those students who want to get admission in MDU should know the complete process of admission in this university. Here we have compiled the admission procedure in MDU, the eligibility criteria and important dates associated with the admission procedure in the university.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2020:
- Pearl Academy: No.1 Fashion School - Admissions Open for 2020.APPLY NOW >
- UPES, Dehradun - Enroll Yourself for the Academic Year 2020APPLY NOW >
- Manipal University Best Private University In India - Application 2020 is Live APPLY NOW >
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab | Admissions Open for All Courses 2019-20.APPLY NOW >
- Chandigarh University, Punjab | Admissions Open for All Courses 2019-20.APPLY NOW >
Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU): Overview
|Article Category||MDU Rohtak Admission 2020|
|University Name||Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU)|
|University Type||Public State University|
|Admission Process||Merit Based and Entrance Exam Based|
About Maharshi Dayanand University
MDU has founded in 1976 as Rohtak University an act of the Haryana Legislative Assembly. In 1977 the university was renamed to honor Maharshi Dayanand, a great social reformer. Since then the university became famous as MDU. The university campus is spread in 622 acres and it has also given the affiliation to various colleges of the state. MDU offers various UG, PG and research courses and the quality of education is the plus point of the university that attracts the students. Read on to know the admission procedure to get admission in the university and the eligibility criteria required to get admission in various courses.
Program Offered by MDU
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak offers various courses. the complete detail about the UG and PG courses is published on its prospects that are available on the official website of the university. Students can get admission in the UG, PG, and Research programmed of following subjects;
- Engg. & Technology
- Life Science
- Management Studies
- Performing and Visual Arts
- Pharmaceuticals Science
- Physical Science
- Social Science
Admission In MDU: Important Dates
Here have a look at the tentative dates of admission to MDU. Admission in UG and PG courses will be conducted on different dates. Students will have to be very careful about the release of the notification for the admission in the university. Below mentioned the dated we have given based on the university’s general procedure of admission. These are the tentative dates only and the exact date for admission in MDU for 2020-2021 academic session will be announced by the university itself.
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Registration for admission in UG Courses Will Start From||1st Week of June 2020|
|Last Date to submit the online application for UG courses||Last week of June 2020|
|Admission in OG Diploma will start||June 2020|
|The last date to apply for PG diploma courses||Last week of June 2020|
|Admission in various PG courses will start from||June 1st week|
|Last Date to apply for Master courses offered by MDU||Last week of June 2020|
|Admission in M. Ed will start from||August 2020|
MDU Rohtak Admission 2020: Eligibility Criteria for UG and PG Course
Here have a look at the different eligibility criteria set for the different UG and PG courses;
For B.A./B.Com and B.Sc: Candidates must have Pass 10+2 with 33% marks to get admission in B.A. to get admission in B.Com the minimum required passing marks in 10+2 is 40%. For Admission in B.Sc, the candidate must have pass 10+2 from a recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks.
B.P.Ed: Students must have doneB.A./B.Sc./B.Com. with English as one of the subjects (except for B.Sc. and B.Com.) with at least 45% marks, or, any other examination recognized by M.D. University, Rohtak as equivalent. OR B.A. with Health & Physical Education as one of the subjects in the 3-year degree course with at least 45% marks in aggregate. OR B.Sc. (Physical Education, Health Education & Sports) with at least 45% marks in aggregate
For M.A.: (English/ Hindi/ Sanskrit/ Economics/ History/ Political Science/ Public Administration), M.Sc. (Mathematics): Bachelor’s degree in a duration of 3 years in a relevant subject is a must.
For M.Sc. (Mathematics) (Previous): Applicant must have Bachelor’s degree or three years duration with Mathematics as one of the subjects in each year or any other examination recognized by Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
For M.Com: B.Com (Hons/Pass)/BBA/BA with Economics/Commerce/Marketing/ Insurance as a subject is a must to get admission in this degree course.
For Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.): Bachelor’s Degree from recognized University or its equivalent is required.
For Master of Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.): B.L.I.Sc from Maharshi Dayanand University or from any other recognized University or equivalent is a must.
For MCA: Students must have Bachelor’s Degree with 45% marks in aggregate with Mathematics at 10+2 level or the Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects at Graduation level OR BCA/B.VOC with 45% marks in aggregate.
MDU Rohtak Admission 2020: Admission Procedure
- For Courses like B.A, B.Com, B. Sc the students get admission on the basis of merit list released by the university.
- For B.Tech (in various branches) the admission is conducted based HSTES counseling OR JEE Main score.
- For B. Pharma, Integrated MA (H) the students can get admission to MDU based on the entrance tests. So, depends on the choice of the courses the admission procedure will be different.
- If the student is getting admission through the entrance test procedure then the eligibility of the admission seeker shall be ascertained at the time of counseling.
- For admission on merit list based a list of the shortlisted candidates will be prepared by the university and upload on the official website of the university.
- Before offering the admission to ant candidate he has to go through the counseling round.
- If seat will remain vacant after the counseling round then again around will be conducted until all the seats will get gilled up.
The MDU University invites the online application from the admission seekers. You will have to fill the application form and submit it. The application form will be available on mdu.ac.in. You will have to fill the application form and upload the required document like your photograph, signature and educational documents with thumb impression. Now pay the application fee and submit the application form to get admission to the MDU Rohtak.
MDU: Application Fee For Admission
The students who are willing to get admission will be entitled to pay the application. The mode of payment to pay the fee will be through e-challan, internet banking, debit/credit card. Here is the detail of same;
- Application Fee for General category: 600/-
- Application Fee for SC/BC candidates of Haryana only: 150/-
MDU Rohtak Admission Admit Card 2020
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak will release the admit card to the students. The admit card will be given only those students who will get admission to the university through the entrance exam. The hall ticket for the entrance exam will be available on the official website of the university and applicants can download it with their name or id and date of birth.
Entrance Exam Pattern
The university conducts various entrance exams to offer admission to the eligible students. Have a look at the exam pattern of the MDU entrance exam. The pattern will remain the same for the different entrance exam conducted by MDU;
- The exam will comprise 100 marks. The weightage for the entrance examination will be as under:-
- B.Sc. 1st Year 30 Marks
- B.Sc. 2nd Year 30 marks
- B.Sc. 3rd Year 40 marks
- The syllabus for the different exams will depend on the previous classes’ syllabus. For the M Pharma entrance test the syllabus will be as per GPAT.
- The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes.
- Students will have to answer 100 multiple-choice questions. Every question will be carrying 1 mark. For every wrong answer, .25 marks of the candidates will get deducted.
- The medium of the entrance exam will be English.
MDU Rohtak Entrance Exam 2020 Result
The result of the MDU Rohtak entrance exam 2020 will be released online on its official website. all the applicants can check the result with their name of id and date of birth. Based on the result the students will get admission to the course they desired for. The university will also release the cut off marks and a merit list to offer admission to most eligible students. The result of the MDU entrance exam will be available in pdf format.
Counseling will be the last hurdle to get admission in MDU. In the counselling process, the student will get them a seat. It is a must for the qualified students to carry documents/certificates in original for verification and the prescribed fee.
Ans. No, in MDU you will not get lateral entry in B.Tech.
Ans. To get admission to M. Sc. Medical you will have to complete B. Sc medical.