Kerala Polytechnic Application Forms for admission to the academic session 2022 have been released. Interested candidates may submit their applications online at DTE portal. The last date to submit Kerala Polytechnica admission process is 16 August 2022. All information related to Kerala Polytechnic is given in this article so before submitting the application form read them carefully.
Admission to various polytechnic colleges/ institutes of the state will be done through a single-window admission system known as the Centralized Admission Process (CAP). No separate entrance exam will be conducted for admission. Interested candidates have to submit their applications only through the online mode as no other mode will be applicable.
In this article, we have provided important information about the upcoming admissions in Kerala Polytechnic Colleges. Here, readers will find details about Kerala Polytechnic Admissions such as admission schedule, application form, eligibility, application fee, admission procedure, reservation criteria, counseling, etc.
Kerala Polytechnic Admissions 2022
Admission to government/ private/ self-aided colleges of the state will be made through the centralized admission process conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), under the Government of Kerala. No entrance exam will be conducted for the admission of the candidate.
Under this admission process, successful candidates will be offered polytechnic diploma courses in the two streams. These two streams are-
- Stream 1- Diploma in Engineering/Technology
- Stream 2- Diploma in Commercial Practice/Diploma in Computer Application and Business Management
The duration of all the diploma programs will be 3 years (6 semesters).
An overview of Kerala Polytechnic Admission form 2022
|Admission||Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2022|
|Article Category||Application form|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Kerala|
|Courses offered||Polytechnic Diploma courses|
|Admission system||Centralized Admission Process (CAP)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|DTE Kerala website||http://www.dtekerala.gov.in|
|Official admission website||http://www.polyadmission.org|
Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2022- Important Dates
Those who are looking for Kerala polytechnic admission 2022 date can refer to the table shared below-
|Online Application commences from||14 July 2022|
|Last date to apply||16 August|
|Publication of Provisional Rank list and Trial Allotment||24 August|
|Last date for appeal, re-option, and correction of Applications||27 August|
|Publication of Final Rank List and First Allotment||30 August|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on First allotment list||3 September|
|Publication of Second allotment list|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Second allotment list|
|Publication of Third allotment list|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Third allotment list|
|Commencement of 1st semester|
|First Spot admission (if any) at Nodal Polytechnic College|
|2nd Spot admission(s) (if any) at Nodal Polytechnic College|
|Admission closes on|
Kerala Polytechnic Application Form Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should read the eligibility criteria before submitting the application. They should apply only if they meet all the eligibility requirements for this admission process. They can check the basic eligibility criteria shared below for Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2022: –
- Applicants should an Indian citizen and a native of Kerala. Candidate who have passed qualifying exam from the state or whose parents are permanent employees in the state/central government working in the state of Kerala are also eligible.
- Candidates must have qualified SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with the combination of science, Mathematics, and English as a compulsory subject.
- DET has not prescribed any age criteria for admission. To be updated
Last year Kerala Polytechnic Prospectus read here
Kerala Polytechnic Application Form 2022
Before going to apply candidates must go through the important points given as under-
- Eligible candidates can submit application only through the online mode. No offline forms will be made available.
- Applicants are required to submit applications through the official admission website.
- Application forms can be submitted from any place having internet facility.
- Candidates not having access to the internet can submit application form from the helpdesk established at all the polytechnic colleges. This facility is absolutely free of cost.
- Before filling the applications, they must read the prospectus carefully in order to avoid mistakes in the application form.
- They must have all the documents ready with them at the time of registration.
- A printout of the submitted application should be registered at the polytechnic college with all the documents.
- All the details in the application form should be correct and genuine.
- Application form should be submitted and registered before the last date. Late applications will not be considered for admission under any circumstances.
- Any wrong information in the application form will lead to the cancellation of candidature.
Kerala Polytechnic Application Procedure
Candidates are required to follow the given process in order to submit application under this admission process-
- Step 1- Filling of Application Form
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the relevant link under which applicants have to apply such as Management Seats, NCC Quota, Sports Quota, etc.
- Fill all the details correctly in the application form.
- Now, applicants have to exercise options as per their preferences for college and stream. They can exercise a maximum of 30 options.
- After submission, take a printout of the filled application. Candidates can also take the printout later by using the link “PRINT SUBMITTED APPLICATION”.
- Step 2- Registration of Application Form
- After online submission of application, candidates have to visit any of the convenient Government/ Aided Polytechnic Colleges in the state for registration of the printed application form duly signed by them and parent/ guardian.
- Along with the hardcopy of application they have to submit the required fee and all the documents. They must register before the last date as late applications shall be rejected. After successful registration, candidates will be issued a registration number. They can use this number to verify the status of their registered application on the website. They will not be allowed to make changes to the application form.
- In case of any complaint regarding the status of application, candidates should take the matter to the notice of the Principals of Polytechnic colleges from where they have registered their applications.
- Step 3- Application Fee
- Applicants from the open category have to pay an application fee of Rs.150/-.
- Application fee for SC and ST candidates will be Rs.75/-.
- Candidates have to submit the application fee at the College during submitting printed application forms and other documents.
Kerala Poly 2022 Admission Documents Required
Candidates are required to carry following documents/ certificates in original (plus self-attested copy of each) to the polytechnic college along with the application form and fee at the time of registration of application-
- Birth certificate (proof of age)
- Mark sheet of SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent certificate.
- Mark sheet of VHSE (if applicable)
- mark sheet/certificate of ITI/KGCE (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate issued from a competent authority
- Community/caste certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate for claiming special reservation
- Other relevant certificates/ documents
Reservation in admission
Reservation of seats for various categories as per the policy of state government are as follows-
|Persons with Disabilities||3%|
|ITI/ KGCE Certificate holders||5%|
Apart from this, special reservation seats are also provided. For more information about the special reservation, candidates should read the prospectus.
Kerala Application Centralized Admission Process 2022
After the completion of application procedure, DTE will prepare the rank list of the candidates. On the basis of the ranks of the applicants, selection and allotment list will be released.
Allotment of seats will be published only on the official admission portal. No separate memo or intimation will be sent to selected candidates. The selection list for allotment of seats will be prepared on the basis of index marks obtained, options/ preferences exercised by the candidates, and reservation applicable.
Seat allotment will be done through four rounds of seat allotment. After seat allotment, selected candidates have to report to the allotted college for admission with all the required documents. A spot admission round will also be conducted if there will be vacant seats even after the fourth allotment.
For any query related to the application form, candidates can contact their nearest helpdesk establishes at the polytechnic colleges. They can also contact us and shared their queries with us through the comment section box below. Our team will try our best to help them.
|Online Application Link||Closed|
Kerala Polytechnic Application Related FAQ’s
Kerala polytechnic application form is available from 14 July 2022.
Aspirants belonging to the general category have to pay 150 rupees as an application fee.
2% of the total reservation percentage is only for VHSE category candidates.
In case, applicants have inserted wrong credentials then officials will decline his/ her candidature.