Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission official notification will be out in a few days. The application forms are expected to be released in the month of February. After that interested candidates can fill the application forms. Every year Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan release application for admission of eligible students in various Kendriya Vidyalayas spread across the country.
If you are looking for information about Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for 2019-20 academic session, then you are at the right place. Here, we have shared all the necessary information regarding the admission procedure of Kendriya Vidyalayas. It includes details about the application form, eligibility, reservation, selection list etc.
- 1 Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission- A Brief detail
- 2 Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- 3 Who can apply for KV admission?
- 3.1 Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission- Application/Registration Form
- 3.2 Application fee
- 3.3 Eligibility Criteria
- 3.4 Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission- Reservation criteria
- 3.5 Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2019-20 Selection list
- 3.6 Kendriya Vidyalaya Required Documents For Admission
- 3.7 Kendriya Vidyalaya 2019-20 Admission- Important points
- 3.8 Contact Details
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission- A Brief detail
|Admission||Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2019|
|Article type||Admission information|
केन्द्रीय विद्यालय प्रवेश
|Conducting body||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan|
|Affiliation||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Mode of the application procedure||Offline|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
|The release of an application for admission||Last week of February 2019|
|Online registration for class-I||1st week of March 2019|
|Last date for registration for class- I||2nd week of March|
|The release of selection list and admission for class-I||3rd week of March to 3rd week of April|
|Registration for class-II onwards (except class-XI)||1st-week 2nd week of April 2019|
|Display of selection list for class-II onwards||2nd week of April 2019|
|Admission to class-II onwards||2nd to 3rd week of April 2019|
|Last date for admission (except for XI)||Last week of April 2019|
|Registration for class- XI||Within 10 days after the declaration of class X board result|
|Declaration of selection list and admission for class-XI||Within 20 days after the declaration of class X board result|
|Last date for admission to class-XI||Last week of June 2019|
*Official dates will be updated soon.
Who can apply for KV admission?
Admission in KV is for central government, state government staff and then for private employee.
KV seat are divided into five categories:
- First preference is given to central govt employees ward.
- Second preference is for army and ex army man child.
- Third selection is for govt. employees
- Fourth for the single girl child quota.
- Fifth for private or self employed personnel.
Also in defense/central and state government job there are priorities.
- 1st pref. to ward of transferable central govt. staff and ex-servicemen.
- 2nd pref. for non-transferable central government worker and ex-servicemen.
- 3rd to ward of PSU/ autonomous bodies/ Institute if Higher Learning of GOI.
- 4th to transferable state government employees.
- 5th pref. to ward of state government non-transferable employees.
- Last to children of any category if seats are vacant.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission- Application/Registration Form
- The advertisement for application is published in the last week of February by the regional office in the local newspapers.
- The application form is made available through the offline mode.
- Candidates or their wards can collect the admission form from the Principal’s Office of the concerned school free of cost.
- Candidates/ Parents are required to fill the form completely and accurately.
- Applicants are required to send or submit the filled-in application form along with the required documents to the Kendriya Vidyalaya concerned within the stipulated dates as mentioned in the notification.
- The application form must be accompanied by the attested copies of required documents.
- Candidates must ensure that the application form is filled completely as incomplete forms and late applications will be rejected.
- No registration of is applicable.
- Applicants can collect the application form from the school principal free of cost.
Age criteria for admission into Class I to Class X
|Class||Minimum age||Maximum age|
|I||5 years||7 years|
|II||6 years||8 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
Note- Relaxation of two years in the upper age of the differently abled students is applicable.
Eligibility for admission to class XI
- There is no upper and lower age limit for admission into class XI.
- Admission of KV students in various KVs is done on the basis of marks in obtained in class X. Below is the complete details about the marks criteria-
- Humanities Stream- All students who have passed the class X examination
- Science Stream- Students must have obtained at least 60% marks aggregate in all the subjects.
- Commerce Stream- Students must have obtained a minimum 55% marks aggregate in all the subjects.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission- Reservation criteria
Category-wise seat criterion is as follows-
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Differently abled candidates||3%|
|Economically weaker sections (EWS) of the society||25%|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2019-20 Selection list
- List of registration of candidates, list of eligible candidates, list of selected candidates, waiting list and all the other lists will be published on the official website of the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya and also on Notice Boards of the schools.
- The selection list of class- I will be declared in the 3rd week of March to the 2nd week of April 2019.
- Selection list of Class II onwards will be declared in 2nd week of April 2019.
- Selection list for Class XI is displayed within the 20 days of the publication of the result.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Required Documents For Admission
Following documents are required at the time of admission-
- Birth Certificate (Age proof) for Class-I.
- Proof of relationship for Grandchildren of PSU employees and Members of Parliament.
- Proof of relationship for Grandchildren of KVS employees.
- Proof of residence
- Category certificate (SC/ST/EWS/OBC/BPL)
- Certificate of disability/handicapped
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed defense employees.
- Certificate showing the no. of transfers.
Kendriya Vidyalaya 2019-20 Admission- Important points
- Kendriya Vidyalaya advertisement and application form for admission is likely to release in the month of February 2019.
- Candidates must apply only if there is a vacancy in the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- The mere application does not confirm the admission of an applicant to the school.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
- Application forms must be submitted to the respective school on time.
- The documents submitted along with the application form must be genuine. Admission secured on the basis of wrong information and documents will be canceled.
- Admission in class II to class VIII is made on the basis of a priority category system.
- Admission to class XI is done on the basis of an admission test.
- Students are advised to stay in touch with the official website of the respective KV and with our page for the latest updates and information regarding the admission.
- For any query or issue related to the admission, readers are advised to contact the concerned KV or they may contact at the address given below-
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
18, Industrial Area,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi- 110016
Phone No.- 011-26858570, 26512579
Email- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Hope you have got an idea of how to take admission in KV school from class 1 to 12. If you have any query then you can comment below and our team will respond to you ASAP.