KCET 2019: Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is a state level entrance exam conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), Karnataka every year. Through this exam, eligible candidates can get admission into various Under Graduate professional courses offered by the various government and private colleges of the state.
KEA is going to conduct KCET 2019 on 23rd, 24th & 25th April 2019. Online application forms will be uploaded on the official website in February 2019. Candidates will be allotted seats in the various colleges on the basis of KCET 2019 score.
It is necessary for the candidates to qualify KCET exam for admission. Admission into MBBS/Ayush and B.Arch programs will be done on the basis of NEET and NATA score respectively.
Table of Contents
- 1 KCET 2019 Overview
KCET 2019 Overview
|Examination||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||KCET 2019|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||State level exam|
|Conducting Authority||Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)|
|Course offered||Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture programs|
|Date of examination||23rd, 24th & 25th April 2019|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
KCET 2019 Important Dates
Below we have shared the tentative schedule for KCET 2019-
|Online application entry starts||1st week of February 2019|
|Last date for online application||Last week of February 2019|
|Last date to pay the application fee in the bank||Last week of February 2019|
|Date of issue of admit card (admission ticket)||2nd week of April 2019|
|Date of exam||23rd, 24th & 25th April 2019|
|Declaration of result||Last week of May 2019|
Official exam schedule will be updated soon.
KCET 2019 Programs Offered
Following programs will be offered through KCET 2019-
- Medical / Dental courses (MBBS / BDS) (NEET)
- AYUSH – courses Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Homoeopathy (NEET)
- Architecture course (B.Arch) (NATA)
- Engineering / Technology courses (B.E. / B.Tech)
- Various Farm Science courses like B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture, B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture, B.Sc (Hons) Forestry, B.Sc. Agri BioTech, B.H.Sc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)., Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.F.Sc (Fisheries), B.Sc. (Hons) Agri. Marketing & Co-Op.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V. Sc. & A.H.)
KCET 2019 Eligibility
Here, we have shared the complete detail on KCET 2019 eligibility criteria-
- Candidates must be a citizen of India (If they want admission in the government colleges).
- For B.Tech/B.E– Candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC i.e. 10+2 or equivalent with English as a language subject and Physics, and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer with an aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/Category 1,2A,2B,3A and 3B category) from a recognized Board.
- For Farm Sciences Courses- Candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC or 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as an optional subject.
- For (B.V. Sc. & A.H.)- Applicant must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% (40% for SC/ST/Category 1,2A,2B,3A and 3B category) aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.
- For B.Pharma- Candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/Category 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category).
Passed have a diploma in Pharmacy education with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/Category 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category).
- For Pharma.D- Candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Passed have a diploma in Pharmacy education from an institute recognized by the Pharmacy Council of India.
KCET 2019 Application Form
- Candidates can fill KCET 2019 application forms through the online mode from the official website.
- Application forms can be filled from the first week of February 2019.
- Applicants are advised to take a printout of the filled-in application form and confirmation form for references in the future.
Check the procedure to fill the application form given below-
- Visit the official website of KEA i.e. kea.kar.nic.in.
- Click on “CET 2019 UG Online Application” link.
- Register by providing all the necessary details. An application number and password will be generated.
- Now fill all the details in the form correctly.
- Upload the scanned copies of recent passport sized photograph, signature and left thumb impression in the prescribed format.
- Print the Challan and make payment of application fee.
- Take the printout of the form and get it signed by the principal of the college/ school from where candidates have passed the 10+2/PUC. Applicants are required to produce the same copy at the time of document verification.
KCET 2019 – Application Fee
|General and OBC candidates of Karnataka||Rs.650/-|
|SC/ST Category-1 candidates of Karnataka||Rs.500/-|
|Candidates outside Karnataka||Rs.750/-|
|Candidates residing outside India||Rs.5000/-|
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through the offline mode i.e. bank Challan.
- Candidates residing outside India are required to pay the application fee through a Demand draft drawn in the favor of Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, payable at Bangalore.
KCET 2019 Exam Pattern
- KCET 2019 exam will be conducted in two days in two different sessions.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode (Pen & Paper based).
- Questions will be asked from four subjects viz. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and
- There will be 60 questions in each subject.
- 1 mark will be allotted for every correct answer.
- No negative marking will be there.
Karnataka KCET 2019 Admission Ticket/Admit Card
- KCET 2019 Admission ticket will be made available for download on the official website on the specified dates.
- Candidates are advised to remain in contact with the official website for updates regarding KCET 2019 admit card.
- Candidates are advised to verify all the details mentioned on the admit card before going to appear in the exam. In case of any discrepancy, they must contact the concerned authority.
- The admission ticket is an important document and it is compulsory for all the candidates to carry the admit cards to the examination center along with a valid ID proof. Candidates without a valid admit card will not be allowed to write the exam.
KCET 2019- Result
The result will be released through online mode. Candidates can check their result on the official website by logging in with the application ID and password. After the release of the result, KCET 2019 merit list will be prepared on the basis of ranks and merit candidates will be called for counseling procedure.
KEA Contact Details-
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560012
Phone N.- 080 – 23460460
Fax – 080 – 23461576