JKCET 2020: Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is a state level entrance exam organized every year by Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE) for admission of students into engineering programs in various government and private engineering colleges of the state. JKCET 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on
19th April 2020 has been postponed now. Revised entrance test dates shall be communicated shortly.
UPDATE: JKBPEE has again extended the last date for submission of JKCET Application form, payment and uploading of documents from 15th June 2020 15th July. Apply using the link shared below.
- 1 JKCET 2020 Admission Entrance Exam
- 2 JKCET 2020 Application Form
JKCET 2020 Admission Entrance Exam
For more information, scroll down and get complete details about the JKCET 2020 application form, important dates, eligibility criteria, pattern, syllabus, test centers, result etc.
|Examination||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||JKCET 2020|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||State level exam|
|Conducting Authority||Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations|
|Date of examination|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of examination||Offline (OMR based)|
|Official website||www.jkbopee.gov.in, www.jakbopee.org|
JKCET 2020 Exam Dates
Have a look at the tentative schedule of JKCET 2020
|Availability of application form||12th March 2020|
|Last date to the application form|
|Date of issue of admit card||Notified soon|
|Date of the exam||Notified soon|
|The release of answer key||Notified soon|
|The objection against the answer key||Notified soon|
|Declaration of result||Notified soon|
|Admission closed||Notified soon|
JKCET 2020 – Eligibility
Candidates applying for JKCET 2020 must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Here, we have shared information about JKCET 2020 eligibility criteria-
Candidates must be an Indian citizen and must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir State as defined in section 6 of the constitution of J&K State.
- Applicants must be of 17 years as on 31st December 2020.
- There is no upper age limit for JKCET 2020 applicants.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks for Open Merit Category candidates, including the Children of Defence Personnel, Children of State Police Personnel, Children of Para-Military Forces, and candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in Sports and 40% for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam are eligible.
JKCET 2020 Application Form
- Applicants can apply for JKCET 2020 only the online mode.
- Application forms was made available from 12th March 2020 on the official website of the Board.
- If they want to fill through the offline mode then they have to download and fill out the form. The printout of the filled-in application form needs to be sent along with the demand draft to the address given below.
- Candidates must submit the application forms before the due dates.
- Candidates must fill all the details carefully. In case of any mistake, they can edit the application form any time before submission.
- Applicants must upload the scanned copies of the following documents-
- Passport sized photograph (with name and date)
- Thumb impression
- Certificate of permanent residence
- 10th and 10+2 mark sheet
Category certificate (if applicable)
- Applicants must keep a printout of the application form for future references.
JKCET 2020 Application Fee
- Candidates have to make payment of Rs.800/- as JKCET 2020 application fee.
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through credit card/debit card and net banking.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
JKCET 2020 – Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for JKCET 2020 is as follows-
- JKCET 2020 will be conducted in both offline mode (OMR based
- The total duration exam will be 3 hours.
- Paper will have Objective Type Questions.
- A total number of questions will be 180.
- Questions will be asked from 3 subjects (physics, chemistry, and Mathematics) in this exam.
- The medium of exam will be only English.
- 1 mark will be given for each correct answer.
- ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
|Sections/Subjects||Number of questions|
JKCET 2020- Syllabus
Physical world and measurements, kinematics, Laws of motion, work, energy and power, Motion of system of particles and rigid body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk matters, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, oscillation and waves, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atom & Nuclei, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Electronic devices and communication system.
Chemical arithmetic and atomic structure, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox reaction and Electrochemistry, Solid states and States of Matter, Surface chemistry, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Periodic properties, Chemical Bonding and molecular structure, Transition elements including Lanthanides, Co-ordinate Chemistry, Nomenclature and Basic concepts in Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, Molecules of life, Organic chemistry based on function group-I, II and II.
Sets Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers; Liner programming; Linear equation; Sequence and Series, Permutation and combination, Binomial Theorem, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, Matrices & Determinants, Limits, continuity and differentiation, Integration and Differential Equation, Straight line and conic sections, statistics, probability, Vectors and 3D Geometry, Straight lines and space and planes.
JKCET 2020 Admit card
- JKCET 2020 Admit can be downloaded from the official websites on the specified dates.
- Candidates must verify all the information mentioned on the admit card before appearing in the exam.
- Candidates must ensure that their admit card is not mutilated and damaged in any manner.
- Admit card is an important document, therefore, every candidate must be present at the exam center on the day of the exam with a valid admit card. No candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall without a valid card.
JKCET 2020 Test Centers
- JKCET 2020 will be conducted in the specified cities of Jammu and Srinagar only.
- Candidates will be informed about the test centers through the admit cards.
- Request for change in the allotted test centers will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- No, another test will be conducted for those candidates who fail to appear in the test on the scheduled dates.
Board will display the answer to JKCET 2020 exam 3 hours after the commencement of exam. Candidates can check the answer key on the website. They can also submit a representation in case they find any discrepancy in question paper and answer key within the specified time with a payment receipt of Rs.1000/-.
JKCET Result 2020
Once the entrance test will be conducted, Board will evaluate the answer sheets and publish the result. Candidates can download the result from the official website of JKCET 2020. After the release of the result, qualified candidates will be called for counseling procedure.
Candidates are advised to contact the concerned authority for any assistance and guidance regarding JKCET 2020.