JEXPO 2019: JEXPO is a state level entrance test organized every year by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. It is also known as Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic or West Bengal Polytechnic (WB Polytechnic).
JEXPO is conducted to invite applications for the candidates interested in taking admission into the diploma courses offered by various colleges in the state of West Bengal. Every year thousands of candidates apply for JEXPO to get admission into the diploma or polytechnic courses.
JEXPO scorecard is accepted by all the government and self-financed institute of West Bengal for providing admissions to the candidates. JEXPO 2019 is likely to be held in the last week of April 2019.
Candidates can get all the necessary information about JEXPO on the official website of West Bengal State Council of Technical Education i.e. www.webscte.org
Latest Update 3rd June 2019: West Bengal Polytechnic Entrance Exam (JEXPO) 2019 Result will be announced today (3rd June 2019). Result Downloading Link will be available here.
Candidates who are looking forward to appear in JEPOX 2019 can read this article as we have shared details like dates, admit card, fee, pattern, syllabus, result, etc here.
Table of Contents
JEXPO 2019 Dates
|Availability of Online Application form from||January 29, 2019|
|Last date of submission of online form||March 05, 2019|
|Last date of submission of filled OMR Application||March 05, 2019|
|Availability of downloadable Admit card||April 02, 2019|
|Date of examination||30th May, 2019|
|Announcement of result||3rd June, 2019|
|Counseling procedure starts from||July 2019|
- Candidates can fill their application form through any of the mode either online or offline.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode. If any candidate wants to fill the offline application form, they have to obtain an OMR application form along with information brochure. Candidates can obtain this OMR Application from any of the government or self-financed or from any other polytechnic institute across the state of West Bengal.
- Candidates have to fill all the necessary details carefully as they will not be given any second chance for making any correction in the filled-in application form.
- Candidates must upload scanned copies of passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format. Candidates must upload recent and clear photograph.
- Candidates have to take a printout of the filled-in application form and must keep a copy of application form with themselves for future references.
- Candidates have to attach all the necessary documents to the filled application form.
- Lastly, candidates have to submit completely filled application forms with the attached documents at the designated polytechnic centers West Bengal along with the prescribed application fee.
The application fee for JEXPO 2019 can be paid through online or offline mode. Candidates who have applied through online mode has to pay a fee of Rs.450 and those who have filled through offline mode has to pay Rs. 500.
Detail application fee information is given below-
- The application fee for filling application through online mode-Rs. 450/-(For Kanyashree enrollees-Rs.225/-)
- The application fee for filling application through offline mode- Rs. 500/-(For Kanyashree enrollees- Rs. 250/-)
- Candidates have to pay application fee through online mode at the designated centre.
Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria of JEXPO 2019 before filling the application form. If a candidate fails to fulfill the eligibility criteria he/she will be disqualified from the admission procedure.
Eligibility criteria for JEXPO is as follows-
- Candidates must be an Indian national.
- Date of birth of candidate should be after 1 July 2003. There is no upper age limit for JEXPO 2019 candidates.
- Candidates must have completed their 10th or equivalent examination with English, Science/Physical Science and Mathematics from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have scored at least 35% aggregate marks in their 10th
- Appearing candidates are also eligible.
JEXPO Exam Pattern
- Question paper will consist of objective type questions.
- Total 100 questions will be asked.
- Duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- The question paper will be of total 200 marks.
- There will be two sections in the question paper.
- Section 1-Mathematics
- Section 1-Physics and Chemistry
Distribution of marks according to the subjects is given below-
Question paper in JEXPO will contain questions from physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Here we are discussing the detailed syllabus.
It will cover topics such as Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry, Menstruation, Trigonometry, Geometry etc.
It will cover Speed, velocity, and Acceleration, System of measurements & Measuring devices, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Matter & Energy Change of state, Rest and Motion, Power, Displacement, Sound, Work, Energy, Light, Structure of Atom, Properties of gases-pressure and temperature etc.
Identification of matter: Physical and Chemical properties, Chemical reaction and chemical equation, Solution, Separation of Mixtures, acids, base and salts , Physical & chemical change, Periodic Table, Chemical Bonding, Oxygen, Oxides, , Water, Nitrogen, Ammonia, Carbon, Fuel (Carbonaceous), Electronic theory of Oxidation & reduction etc.
JEXPO 2019 Admit Card will be announced on 2nd April 2019. After that, it will be available on the website of the board. Candidates can get
It is compulsory for all the candidates to download and take a printout of the same because it is a very important document as it contains detail of the candidates. Candidates have to bring their admit card to the exam centre.
Without admit card no candidate will be allowed to sit in exam. Along with admit card candidates need to carry one photo identity proof with them at the time of exam. The following information is mentioned on the admit card of the candidates-
- Name of the candidates
- Roll number
- Date of birth
- Date and time of exam
- Examination venue
Candidates are advised to check all these details carefully before appearing for the exam. Admit cards needs to preserved till the admission procedure ends.
JEXPO 2019 result will be released on 18th May 2019. Candidates can check their results through online mode by accessing the official website of the board. Candidates are advised to take
After the result announcement, counseling process will start. Counseling will be done through online mode. Selected candidates have to register online for counseling and have to choose their courses and colleges as per their ranks/result. Then seats will be allotted to the candidates and they have to report to the college with all their documents for the process of documents verification.
Following are documents required at the time of counseling-
- 10th class mark-sheet
- 10+2 class mark-sheet (if applicable)
- JEXPO 2019 admit card and rank card
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Category certificate (if required)
- Passport size photograph