JEXPO 2020: JEXPO is a state-level entrance test organized every year by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. It is also known as Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic or West Bengal Polytechnic (WB Polytechnic).
JEXPO will invite applications for the candidates interested in taking admission into the diploma courses offered by various colleges in the state of West Bengal. Every year lakhs of candidates apply for JEXPO to get admission into the diploma or polytechnic courses.
JEXPO scorecard is accepted by all the government and self-financed institutes of West Bengal for providing admissions to the candidates. JEXPO 2020 was scheduled to be held on
26th April 2020 but due to the extended lockdown, the exam was postponed. The revised dates for JEXPO 2020 will be intimated in due course.
West Bengal JEXPO 2020 Application Form
The application procedure has been completed now and applicants are advised to prepare well for the exam till the new exam date is released. Candidates can get all the necessary information about JEXPO on the official website of West Bengal State Council of Technical Education i.e. www.webscte.org.
Latest Update 4th Dec 2019: West Bengal JEXPO and VOCLET 2020 Admission notification have been released. Application Form will be available from 2nd January and exam will be conducted on
26th April 2020. postponed
Candidates who are looking forward to appear in JEPOX 2020 can read this article as we have shared details like dates, admit card, fee, pattern, syllabus, result, etc here.
WB JEXPO 2020 Dates
|Sale and Receipt of OMR Application Forms||2nd January|
|Last Date of submission of filled-in Online Application Forms||15th April 2020 (Extended date)|
|Availability of OMR Application Forms with Information Brochure||From all Government & Government Sponsored and SelfFinanced Polytechnics affiliated to WBSCT&V&SD(TED) [erstwhile WBSCTE]|
|Place of submission of duly filled-in Application Forms by candidates (both OMR and Online)||To all Government & Government Sponsored and SelfFinanced Polytechnics affiliated to WBSCT&V&SD(TED) [erstwhile WBSCTE]|
|Availability of downloadable Admit card|
|Date of examination|
|Announcement of result||Notified Soon|
|Counseling procedure starts from||Notified Soon|
West Bengal JEXPO Application Form 2020
- Candidates can fill their application form through any of the modes either online or offline.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode. If any candidate wants to fill the offline application form, they have to obtain an OMR application form along with information brochure. Candidates can obtain this OMR Application from any of the government or self-financed or from any other polytechnic institute across the state of West Bengal.
- Candidates have to fill all the necessary details carefully as they will not be given any second chance for making any corrections in the filled-in application form.
- Candidates must upload scanned copies of passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format. Candidates must upload recent and clear photograph.
- Candidates have to take a printout of the filled-in application form and must keep a copy of application form with themselves for future references.
- Candidates have to attach all the necessary documents to the filled application form.
- Lastly, candidates have to submit completely filled application forms with the attached documents at the designated polytechnic centers West Bengal along with the prescribed application fee.
The application fee for JEXPO 2020 can be paid through online or offline mode. Candidates who have applied through online mode has to pay a fee of Rs.450 and those who have filled through offline mode has to pay Rs. 500.
Detail application fee information is given below-
- The application fee for filling application through online mode-Rs. 450/-(For Kanyashree enrollees-Rs.225/-)
- The application fee for filling application through offline mode- Rs. 500/-(For Kanyashree enrollees- Rs. 250/-)
- Candidates have to pay application fee through online mode at the designated centre.
Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria of JEXPO 2020 before filling the application form. If a candidate fails to fulfill the eligibility criteria he/she will be disqualified from the admission procedure.
Check Here >>> Kerala SSLC result 2020
Eligibility criteria for JEXPO is as follows-
- Candidates must be an Indian national.
- Date of birth of candidate should be after 1 July 2003. There is no upper age limit for JEXPO 2020 candidates.
- Candidates must have completed their 10th or equivalent examination with English, Science/Physical Science, and Mathematics from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have scored at least 35% aggregate marks in their 10th
- Appearing candidates are also eligible.
JEXPO Exam Pattern
- Question paper will consist of objective type questions.
- Total 100 questions will be asked.
- Duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- The question paper will be of total 200 marks.
- There will be two sections in the question paper.
- Section 1-Mathematics
- Section 1-Physics and Chemistry
Distribution of marks according to the subjects is given below-
Question paper in JEXPO will contain questions from physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Here we are discussing the detailed syllabus.
It will cover topics such as Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry, Menstruation, Trigonometry, Geometry etc.
It will cover Speed, velocity, and Acceleration, System of measurements & Measuring devices, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Matter & Energy Change of state, Rest and Motion, Power, Displacement, Sound, Work, Energy, Light, Structure of Atom, Properties of gases-pressure and temperature etc.
Check Here >>> MP board 10th Result 2020 Date
Identification of matter: Physical and Chemical properties, Chemical reaction and chemical equation, Solution, Separation of Mixtures, acids, base and salts , Physical & chemical change, Periodic Table, Chemical Bonding, Oxygen, Oxides, , Water, Nitrogen, Ammonia, Carbon, Fuel (Carbonaceous), Electronic theory of Oxidation & reduction etc.
WB JEXPO Admit Card 2020
JEXPO 2020 Admit Card will be announced at least a week before the date of commencement of exam. After that, it will be available on the website of the board. Candidates can get
It is compulsory for all the candidates to download and take a printout of the same because it is a very important document as it contains detail of the candidates. Candidates have to bring their admit card to the exam centre.
Without admit card no candidate will be allowed to sit in the exam. Along with admit card candidates need to carry one photo identity proof with them at the time of exam. The following information is mentioned on the admit card of the candidates-
- Name of the candidates
- Roll number
- Date of birth
- Date and time of exam
- Examination venue
Candidates are advised to check all these details carefully before appearing for the exam. Admit cards needs to preserved till the admission procedure ends.
West Bengal JEXPO Result 2020
JEXPO 2020 result will be released on the dates specified by the concerned authority. Candidates can check their results through online mode by accessing the official website of the board. Candidates are advised to take
WB JEXPO 2020 Counselling
After the result announcement, counseling process will start. Counseling will be done through online mode. Selected candidates have to register online for counseling and have to choose their courses and colleges as per their ranks/result. Then seats will be allotted to the candidates and they have to report to the college with all their documents for the process of documents verification.
Following are documents required at the time of counseling-
- 10th class mark-sheet
- 10+2 class mark-sheet (if applicable)
- JEXPO 2020 admit card and rank card
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Category certificate (if required)
- Passport size photograph