GCET 2023: GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test): DTE Goa has announced that the GCET 2023 for Pharmacy and Engineering Courses will be held on the 13th and 15th of May 2023. However, the authority has not announced the application commencement date and notified it will be available soon. It is to be noted that the said dates are tentative and could be changed if required. Applicants may submit their application form online once it is active.
Check the full article for the complete information on GCET 2023 application form, exam dates & schedule, eligibility, exam pattern, and syllabus.
Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa is a state government body that conducts the GCET exam every year at the state level to provide admission to the candidates in various degree courses offered by various colleges in the state.
GCET 2023 Overview
Check complete details about GCET 2023 application form, important dates, eligibility, admit card etc in this article.
|Examination||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||GCET 2023|
|Article Category||Application details|
|Exam type||State Level Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa|
|Course offered||Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture programs|
|Date of Examination||13th and 15th May 2023|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
Goa Common Entrance Test 2023: Important Dates
Check the tentative schedule for GCET in the table given below-
|Availability of application forms||10th April 2023|
|Last date for receiving applications||20th April 2023|
|Last date for submitting fee (without late fee)|
|Last date for submitting fee (with late fee of Rs. 1500/-)|
|Date of issue of admit card|
|Date of exam||13th and 15th May 2023|
|Declaration of result|
GCET Goa 2023 Exam Schedule
The exam schedule as declared by the authorities is as follows:
|Physics||–||10 am – 12 noon|
|Chemistry||–||2 pm – 4 pm|
|Mathematics||–||10 am – 12 noon|
The aspirants for B.Pharm can choose not to attempt the Mathematics paper.
GCET 2023- Programs Offered
Following degree courses are offered in the state of Goa.
|Qualifying Examination||Courses Offered|
|GCET 2023||Engineering- B.E.|
Pharmacy- B. Pharm
|NEET UG-2023||Medicine- MBBS|
Allied Health Sciences- BPT., BOT, B.Opt., B.Sc. MIT., B.Sc. A.T.
B.Sc. in Nursing
GCET 2023- Reservation
|Freedom Fighter (FF)||1%|
|Central & State Personnel||3%|
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||Supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
GCET 2023 Eligibility
Candidates are advised to go to the prospectus and must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for GCET 2023.
Have a look at the GCET 2023 eligibility criteria given below-
- All Indian nationals are eligible for Goa CET 2023.
- OCI/PIO candidates can apply under NRI category.
- NRI candidates holding an Indian Passport are also eligible and can apply for seats reserved under NRI category.
- There is not any specific age criterion for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- However, for admission in medical and allied sciences courses candidates must complete age of at least 17 years.
- For admission into Medical courses, candidates must have a valid NEET score.
- For admission into B. Arch programs candidates need to have NATA scorecard.
- Final year appearing candidates in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with any of the additional subjects Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Chemistry with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved category) from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and English as compulsory subjects along with any of the additional subjects Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science /Mathematics with a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC category).
For B.Sc Nursing
- Applicants must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with minimum 45% marks (40% SC/ST/OBC category)
GCET 2023 Application Form
- Interested candidates can download the application form from the official website and can also get it from the specified centres.
- Candidates must read all the instructions carefully mentioned in the prospectus before filling the application form.
- Candidates have to fill out the application form in their handwriting.
- Candidates must enclose the required documents like a photograph and other documents with the application form.
- Candidates have to send the filled application form to the given address-
“Chairman, Admission Committee,
Directorate of Technical Education,
Porvorim, Goa 403521”
- Late applications will be rejected. However, candidates can submit the application form with late fee up to a specific period.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of application form and payment receipt safe for future reference.
GCET 2023- Application Fee
- GCET 2023 application fee for all courses is Rs.2000/-
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through a demand draft drawn in the favor of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji or by cash.
How to submit the GCET 2023 Online Application?
- Start by Logging in to the official portal.
- If not registered, then register using the valid email id and password.
- A verification link will be sent via email. Click on that verification link.
- Now, log in to fill details in the application form.
- Fill all particulars carefully in the form, upload scanned copy of photo and signature and select the subject options among PCM or PC or PM.
- Click on the payment link to submit the application fee of Rs. 1500/-.
- On successful payment of fee, select exam centre from the options provided.
- Lastly, download & take a printout of the hall ticket, sent to the registered email.
GCET 2023 Exam Pattern
- GCET exam will be conducted on the 13th and 15th of May 2023.
- GCET will be conducted in an offline mode (Pen & Paper based).
- All the questions will be objective-type questions in nature.
- The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and
- 75 questions will be asked from each subject.
- The question paper will be 225 marks.
- 1 mark will be given for the correct
- There is no negative marking scheme.
GCET 2023 Syllabus
Current electricity, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Electronic devices, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Communication systems etc.
Solid state, Solutions, Surface chemistry, Chemical kinetics, General principles and processes of isolation of elements, P-block elements, d and f block elements, Electrochemistry, Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Coordination Compounds, Alcohols, phenols and ethers Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids, Polymers, Biomolecules, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Chemistry in everyday life etc.
Sets, Relations and Functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and three-dimensional geometry, Linear programming, Probability etc.
GCET 2023 Admit Card
- GCET 2023 Admit Card will be issued only to the candidates who have successfully registered.
- As soon as candidates will submit the application form, an admit card will be generated.
- Candidates can get their Admit Card from the official portal.
- Candidates must check the admit card details carefully before appearing for the exam. In case of any discrepancy, they should contact the responsible authority.
- Candidates must carry their admit card to the exam centre as no candidates will be permitted to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card.
GCET 2023 Exam Center
GCET 2023 is supposed to be conducted in the following exam centres of the state-
Note: Any changes in the exam centers will be updated soon.
In case of any discrepancy in the application form and for any query related to GCET 2023 candidates can contact at the address given below-
Government of Goa
Directorate of Technical Education, Goa
DTE Building, Alto-Porvorim,
Bardez, Goa, Pin- 403521
GCET 2023 Important Links
Frequently Asked Questions
The last date to submit GCET 2023 application is 20th April 2023.
Yes. The candidates have to pay a late fee of Rs. 1500/- for submitting the fee after the stipulated date.
The DD of Rs. 2000/- must be drawn in the favour of the name and address provided in the Application form section of this page. The candidate must send the DD and the application form to the concerned authorities.