GCET 2020: GCET (Goa Entrance Test) 2020 application form were released on 26th May 2020 . The GCET 2020 exams (Physics & Chemistry) & (Mathematics) are scheduled to be conducted tentatively on 4th and 5th July 2020.
Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa is a state government body that conducts GCET exam every year on a state level to provide admission to the candidates in various degree courses offered by various colleges in the state.
Goa GCET 2020 Entrance Exam
Check complete details about GCET 2020 application form, important dates, eligibility, admit card etc in this article.
|Examination||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||GCET 2020|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||State Level Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa|
|Course offered||Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture programs|
|Date of examination||4th and 5th July 2020|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
GCET 2020 Exam Dates
Check the tentative schedule for GCET 2020 in the table given below-
|Release of notification||May 2020|
|Availability of application forms||26th May 2020|
|Last date for receiving applications||10th June 2020|
|Date of issue of admit card||May/June 2020|
|Date of exam||4th July 2020 (Physics & Chemistry)|
5th July 2020 (Mathematics)
|Declaration of result||June/July 2020|
GCET 2020- Programs Offered
Following degree courses are offered through GCET –
Check Here >>> TN 12th public Result 2020 Date
- Medicine- M.B.B.S.
- Dentistry- B.D.S.
- Engineering- B.E.
- Pharmacy- B. PHARM.
- Architecture- B.ARCH.
- Homeopathy- B.H.M.S.
- Ayurveda- B.A.M.S.
- Allied Health Sciences- B.P.T., B.O.T., B.Opt., B.Sc.M.I.T., B.Sc.A.T.
- B.Sc. in Nursing
GCET 2020 – Reservation
|Ex-defense Service personnel||3%|
|Freedom Fighter (FF)||1%|
|Central & State Personnel||3%|
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||Supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
GCET 2020 – Eligibility
Candidates are advised to go to the prospectus and must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for GCET 2020.
Check Here >>> Kerala Plus Two Result 2020
Have a look at the GCET 2020 eligibility criteria given below-
- All the Indian nationals are eligible for Goa CET 2020.
- OCI/PIO candidates can apply under NRI category.
- NRI candidates holding an Indian Passport are also eligible and can apply for seats reserved under NRI category.
- There is not any specific age criterion for admission in Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- However, for admission in medical and allied sciences courses candidates must complete age of at least 17 years on or before 31st December 2020.
- For admission into Medical courses, candidates must have a valid NEET score.
- For admission into B.Arch programs candidates need to have NATA scorecard.
- Final year appearing candidates in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with any of the additional subjects Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Chemistry with minimum 45% (40% for reserved category) from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and English as compulsory subjects along with any of the additional subjects Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science /Mathematics with minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC category).
For B.Sc Nursing
- Applicants must have completed 10+2 with Physics, chemistry, Biology, and English with minimum 45% marks (40% SC/ST/OBC category)
GCET 2020- Application Form
- GCET 2020 Application form will be filled only through the offline mode from 26th May 2020.
- Interested candidates can download the application form from the official website and can also get it from the specified centers.
- Candidates must read all the instructions carefully mentioned in the prospectus before filling the application form.
- Candidates have to fill the application form in their own handwriting.
- Candidates must enclose the required documents like a photograph and other documents with the application form.
- Candidates have to send the completely filled application form to the given address-
“Chairman, Admission Committee,
Directorate of Technical Education,
Porvorim, Goa 403521”
- Late application will be rejected. However, candidates can submit the application form with late fee up to a specific time period.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of application form and payment receipt safe for future references.
GCET 2020- Application Fee
- GCET 2020 application fee for all courses is Rs.2000/-
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through a demand draft drawn in the favor of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji or by cash.
- GCET exam will be conducted on two different days in July 2020.
- GCET will be conducted in an offline mode (Pen & Paper based).
- All the questions will be of objective type questions in nature.
- The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and
- 75 questions will be asked from each subject.
- The question paper will be of 225 marks.
- 1 mark will be given for the correct
- There is no negative marking scheme.
GCET 2020 Syllabus
Current electricity, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Electronic devices, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Communication systems etc.
Solid state, Solutions, Surface chemistry, Chemical kinetics, General principles and processes of isolation of elements, P-block elements, d and f block elements, Electrochemistry, Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Coordination Compounds, Alcohols, phenols and ethers Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids, Polymers, Biomolecules, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Chemistry in everyday life etc.
Sets, Relations and functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and three-dimensional geometry, Linear programming, Probability etc.
GCET 2020 Admit Card
- GCET 2020 Admit Card will be issued only to the candidates who have successfully registered.
- As soon as candidates will submit the application form, admit card will be generated.
- Candidates can get their Admit Card from June/July 2020
- Candidates must check the admit card details carefully before appearing for the exam. In case of any discrepancy, they should contact the responsible authority.
- Candidates must carry their admit card to the exam center as no candidates will be permitted to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card.
GCET 2020 Exam Center
GCET 2020 is supposed to be conducted in the following exam centers of the state-
- Any changes in the exam centers will be updated soon.
GCET 2020 Result
The result is expected to release in June or July 2020. Candidates can check their result on the official website of DTE, Goa. After the release of the result, merit list will be prepared separately for every course. On the basis of merit, qualified candidates will be invited for counseling and further admission process.
How to submit GCET 2020 Online Application?
- Start by Logging in to the official portal www.gcet2020.com.
- If not register, then register using the valid email id and password.
- A verification link will be send on email. Click on that verification link.
- Now, log in to fill details in the application form.
- Fill all particulars carefully in the form, upload scanned copy of photo and signature and select the subject options among PCM or PC or PM.
- Click on the payment link to submit the application fee of Rs. 2000/-.
- On successful payment of fee, select exam centre from the options provided.
- Lastly, download & take a printout of the hall ticket, sent to the registered email.
In case of any discrepancy in the application form and for any query related to GCET 2020 candidates can contact at the address given below-
Government of Goa
Directorate of Technical Education, Goa
DTE Building, Alto-Porvorim,
Bardez, Goa, Pin- 403521