GCET 2019: GCET (Goa Entrance Test) 2019 exam will be conducted on
7th May 2019 (Physics & Chemistry) & 8th May 2019 (Mathematics). Candidates can download the prospectus and application form from the official website tentatively in the month of April 2019.
Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa is a state government body that conducts GCET exam every year on a state level to provide admission to the candidates in various degree courses offered by various colleges in the state.
Table of Contents
- 1 Goa GCET 2019 Entrance Exam
- 1.1 GCET 2019 Exam Dates
- 1.2 GCET 2019- Programs Offered
- 1.3 GCET 2019 – Reservation
- 1.4 GCET 2019 – Eligibility
- 1.5 GCET 2019- Application Form
- 1.6 GCET 2019- Application Fee
- 1.7 Exam Pattern
- 1.8 GCET 2019 Syllabus
- 1.9 GCET 2019 Admit Card
- 1.10 GCET 2019 Exam Center
- 1.11 GCET 2019 Result
Goa GCET 2019 Entrance Exam
Check complete details about GCET 2019 application form, important dates, eligibility, admit card etc in this article.
|Examination||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||GCET 2019|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||State level exam|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa|
|Course offered||Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture programs|
|Date of examination||7th May 2019 (Physics & Chemistry) & 8th May 2019 (Mathematics)|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
GCET 2019 Exam Dates
Check the tentative schedule for GCET 2019 in the table given below-
|Release of notification||March 2019|
|Availability of application forms||1st week of April 2019|
|Last date for receiving applications||2nd week of April 2019|
|Date of issue of admit card||2nd week of April 2019|
|Last date of receiving an application with late fee of Rs.1500/-||Last week of April 2019|
|Date of exam||7th May 2019 (Physics & Chemistry) & 8th May 2019 (Mathematics)|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of May 2019|
Official exam schedule will be updated soon.
GCET 2019- Programs Offered
Following degree courses are offered through GCET –
- Medicine- M.B.B.S.
- Dentistry- B.D.S.
- Engineering- B.E.
- Pharmacy- B. PHARM.
- Architecture- B.ARCH.
- Homeopathy- B.H.M.S.
- Ayurveda- B.A.M.S.
- Allied Health Sciences- B.P.T., B.O.T., B.Opt., B.Sc.M.I.T., B.Sc.A.T.
- B.Sc. in Nursing
GCET 2019 – Reservation
|Ex-defense Service personnel||3%|
|Freedom Fighter (FF)||1%|
|Central & State Personnel||3%|
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||Supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
GCET 2019 – Eligibility
Candidates are advised to go the prospectus and must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for GCET 2019.
Have a look at the GCET 2019 eligibility criteria given below-
- All the Indian nationals are eligible for Goa CET 2019.
- OCI/PIO candidates can apply under NRI category.
- NRI candidates holding an Indian Passport are also eligible and can apply for seats reserved under NRI category.
- There is not any specific age criterion for admission in Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- However, for admission in medical and allied sciences courses candidates must complete an age of at least 17 years on or before 31st December 2019.
- For admission into Medical courses, candidates must have a valid NEET score.
- For admission into B.Arch programs candidates need to have NATA scorecard.
- Final year appearing candidates in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with any of the additional subjects Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Chemistry with minimum 45% (40% for reserved category) from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and English as compulsory subjects along with any of the additional subjects Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science /Mathematics with minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC category).
For B.Sc Nursing
- Applicants must have completed 10+2 with Physics, chemistry, Biology, and English with minimum 45% marks (40% SC/ST/OBC category)
GCET 2019- Application Form
- GCET 2019 Application form will be filled only through the offline mode probably from the month of April 2019.
- Interested candidates can download the application form from the official website and can also get it from the specified centers.
- Candidates must read all the instructions carefully mentioned in the prospectus before filling the application form.
- Candidates have to fill the application form in their own handwriting.
- Candidates must enclose the required documents like a photograph and other documents with the application form.
- Candidates have to send the completely filled application form to the given address-
“Chairman, Admission Committee,
Directorate of Technical Education,
Porvorim, Goa 403521”
- Late application will be rejected. However, candidates can submit the application form with late fee up to a specific time period.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of application form and payment receipt safe for future references.
GCET 2019- Application Fee
- GCET 2019 application fee for all courses is Rs.1400/-
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through a demand draft drawn in the favor of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji or by cash.
- GCET exam will be conducted on two different days
- GCET 2019 will be conducted in an offline mode (Pen & Paper based).
- All the questions will be of objective type questions in nature.
- The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and
- 75 questions will be asked from each subject.
- The question paper will be of 225 marks.
- 1 mark will be given for the correct
- There is no negative marking scheme.
GCET 2019 Syllabus
Current electricity, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Electronic devices, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Communication systems etc.
Solid state, Solutions, Surface chemistry, Chemical kinetics, General principles and processes of isolation of elements, P-block elements, d and f block elements, Electrochemistry, Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Coordination Compounds, Alcohols, phenols and ethers Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids, Polymers, Biomolecules, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Chemistry in everyday life etc.
Sets, Relations and functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and three-dimensional geometry, Linear programming, Probability etc.
GCET 2019 Admit Card
- GCET 2019 Admit card will be issued to only to the candidates who have successfully registered.
- As soon as candidates will submit the application form, admit card will be generated.
- Candidates can avail the admit card tentatively in the month of April 2019.
- Candidates must check the admit card details carefully before appearing for the exam. In case of any discrepancy, they should contact the responsible authority.
- Candidates must carry their admit card to the exam center as no candidates will be permitted to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card.
GCET 2019 Exam Center
GCET 2019 is supposed to be conducted in the following exam centers of the state-
- Any changes in the exam centers will be updated soon.
GCET 2019 Result
The result is expected to release in the last week of May 2019. Candidates can check their result on the official website of DTE, Goa. After the release of the result, merit list will be prepared separately for every course. On the basis of merit, qualified candidates will be invited for counseling and further admission process.
In case of any discrepancy in the application form and for any query related to GCET 2019 candidates can contact at the address given below-
Government of Goa
Directorate of Technical Education, Goa
DTE Building, Alto-Porvorim,
Bardez, Goa, Pin- 403521