GCET 2021: GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test) 2021 has been officially announced. The GCET authorities have released the dates for the examination. The application form will be released soon officially. The GCET 2021 exams (Physics & Chemistry) & (Mathematics) are scheduled to be conducted on 4th and 5th May 2021. Check the full article for the complete information on GCET 2021 application form, exam dates & schedule, eligibility, exam pattern, and syllabus.
Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa is a state government body that conducts the GCET exam every year at the state level to provide admission to the candidates in various degree courses offered by various colleges in the state.
- 1 GCET 2021 Overview
GCET 2021 Exam Schedule
- 2.1 GCET 2021- Programs Offered
- 2.2 GCET 2021- Reservation
- 2.3 GCET 2021 – Eligibility
- 2.4 GCET 2021- Application Form
- 2.5 GCET 2021- Application Fee
- 2.6 Exam Pattern
- 2.7 GCET 2021 Syllabus
- 2.8 GCET 2021 Admit Card
- 2.9 GCET 2021 Exam Center
- 2.10 GCET 2021 Result
- 3 How to submit the GCET 2021 Online Application?
- 4 GCET 2021 Important Links
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
GCET 2021 Overview
Check complete details about GCET 2021 application form, important dates, eligibility, admit card etc in this article.
|Examination||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||GCET 2021|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||State Level Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa|
|Course offered||Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture programs|
|Date of examination||4th and 5th May 2021|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
GCET 2021 Important Dates
Check the tentative schedule for GCET 2021 in the table given below-
|Application Form Notification||Jan 2021|
|Availability of application forms||Feb 2021|
|Last date for receiving applications||March 2021|
|Last date for submitting fee (without late fee)||March 2021|
|Last date for submitting fee (with late fee of Rs. 1500/-)||April 2021|
|Date of issue of admit card||April 2021|
|Date of exam||4th May 2021 (Physics & Chemistry)|
5th May 2021 (Mathematics)
|Declaration of result||Last week of May 2021|
GCET 2021 Exam Schedule
The exam schedule as declared by the authorities is as follows:
|Physics||4th May 2021||10 am – 12 noon|
|Chemistry||4th May 2021||2 pm – 4 pm|
|Mathematics||5th May 2021||10 am – 12 noon|
The aspirants for B.Pharm can choose not to attempt the Mathematics paper.
GCET 2021- Programs Offered
Following degree courses are offered in the state of Goa.
|Qualifying Examination||Courses Offered|
|GCET 2021||Engineering- B.E.|
Pharmacy- B. Pharm
|NEET UG-2021||Medicine- MBBS|
Allied Health Sciences- BPT., BOT, B.Opt., B.Sc. MIT., B.Sc. A.T.
B.Sc. in Nursing
GCET 2021- Reservation
|Freedom Fighter (FF)||1%|
|Central & State Personnel||3%|
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||Supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
GCET 2021 – Eligibility
Candidates are advised to go to the prospectus and must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for GCET 2021.
Have a look at the GCET 2021 eligibility criteria given below-
- All the Indian nationals are eligible for Goa CET 2021.
- OCI/PIO candidates can apply under NRI category.
- NRI candidates holding an Indian Passport are also eligible and can apply for seats reserved under NRI category.
- There is not any specific age criterion for admission in Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- However, for admission in medical and allied sciences courses candidates must complete age of at least 17 years on or before 31st December 2021.
- For admission into Medical courses, candidates must have a valid NEET score.
- For admission into B.Arch programs candidates need to have NATA scorecard.
- Final year appearing candidates in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with any of the additional subjects Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Chemistry with minimum 45% (40% for reserved category) from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and English as compulsory subjects along with any of the additional subjects Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science /Mathematics with minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC category).
For B.Sc Nursing
- Applicants must have completed 10+2 with Physics, chemistry, Biology, and English with minimum 45% marks (40% SC/ST/OBC category)
GCET 2021- Application Form
- Interested candidates can download the application form from the official website and can also get it from the specified centers.
- Candidates must read all the instructions carefully mentioned in the prospectus before filling the application form.
- Candidates have to fill the application form in their own handwriting.
- Candidates must enclose the required documents like a photograph and other documents with the application form.
- Candidates have to send the completely filled application form to the given address-
“Chairman, Admission Committee,
Directorate of Technical Education,
Porvorim, Goa 403521”
- Late application will be rejected. However, candidates can submit the application form with late fee up to a specific time period.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of application form and payment receipt safe for future references.
GCET 2021- Application Fee
- GCET 2021 application fee for all courses is Rs.2000/-
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through a demand draft drawn in the favor of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji or by cash.
- GCET exam will be conducted on two different days in May 2021.
- GCET will be conducted in an offline mode (Pen & Paper based).
- All the questions will be of objective type questions in nature.
- The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and
- 75 questions will be asked from each subject.
- The question paper will be of 225 marks.
- 1 mark will be given for the correct
- There is no negative marking scheme.
GCET 2021 Syllabus
Current electricity, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Electronic devices, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Communication systems etc.
Solid state, Solutions, Surface chemistry, Chemical kinetics, General principles and processes of isolation of elements, P-block elements, d and f block elements, Electrochemistry, Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Coordination Compounds, Alcohols, phenols and ethers Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids, Polymers, Biomolecules, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Chemistry in everyday life etc.
Sets, Relations and functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and three-dimensional geometry, Linear programming, Probability etc.
GCET 2021 Admit Card
- GCET 2021 Admit Card will be issued only to the candidates who have successfully registered.
- As soon as candidates will submit the application form, an admit card will be generated.
- Candidates can get their Admit Card from April 2021.
- Candidates must check the admit card details carefully before appearing for the exam. In case of any discrepancy, they should contact the responsible authority.
- Candidates must carry their admit card to the exam center as no candidates will be permitted to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card.
GCET 2021 Exam Center
GCET 2021 is supposed to be conducted in the following exam centers of the state-
- Any changes in the exam centers will be updated soon.
GCET 2021 Result
The result is expected to release in the last week of May 2021. Candidates can check their results on the official website of DTE, Goa. After the release of the result, the merit list will be prepared separately for every course. On the basis of merit, qualified candidates will be invited for counseling and further admission process.
How to submit the GCET 2021 Online Application?
- Start by Logging in to the official portal www.gcet2021.com.
- If not register, then register using the valid email id and password.
- A verification link will be send on email. Click on that verification link.
- Now, log in to fill details in the application form.
- Fill all particulars carefully in the form, upload scanned copy of photo and signature and select the subject options among PCM or PC or PM.
- Click on the payment link to submit the application fee of Rs. 2000/-.
- On successful payment of fee, select exam centre from the options provided.
- Lastly, download & take a printout of the hall ticket, sent to the registered email.
In case of any discrepancy in the application form and for any query related to GCET 2021 candidates can contact at the address given below-
Government of Goa
Directorate of Technical Education, Goa
DTE Building, Alto-Porvorim,
Bardez, Goa, Pin- 403521
GCET 2021 Important Links
|Official Website||Click here|
|Official Announcement||Click here|
|Official Notification||Click here (available soon)|
|Online Application Form||Click here (available soon)|
Frequently Asked Questions
The dates have not been finalized by the authorities. It is expected to be in the last week of March 2021.
Yes. The candidates have to pay a late fee of Rs. 1500/- for submitting the fee after the stipulated date.
The DD of Rs. 2000/- must be drawn in the favour of the name and address provided in the Application form section of this page. The candidate must send the DD and the application form to the concerned authorities.