DU SOL Admissions 2023: The DU SOL soon published the admission notification for the year 2023. The School of Open Learning, Delhi University will commence the registration for the undergraduate as well as the post-graduate courses. Apart from this, the registration of the courses related to Library and Information Science will also start.
Here in this article, we will discuss the registration process for the offered courses. Furthermore, the readers will also get information about the eligibility criteria for the rendered courses along with the important dates for the eligible candidates.
At the end of this article, we will furnish some important links to the official pdf documents provided by the authorities. The links provided will surely update the knowledge of the candidates as well as it will help the candidates in applying for the offered courses by the School of Learning, Delhi University.
DU SOL Admissions 2023-Overview
In this section, the students applying for the courses in the school of open learning, Delhi University can easily grab the important points. We will state the important facts regarding the exam in the form of the table given below:
|Category of the Article
|School of Open Learning, Delhi University
|Admission offered for
|Undergraduate Courses-B.A, B.Com, BBA, BMS, BLISc
Postgraduate Courses- MLISc / MBA
|Department Conducting Admission
|Department of Distance and Continuing Education(DDCE)
|Mode of Application
|sol.du.ac.in and col.du.ac.in
DU SOL Admissions 2023 Dates
The applicants who are eligible for admission to the offered courses should jot down the important dates regarding the undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The candidates can take a glance at the table given below:
|Commencement of the Online Admission
|End Date for the Online Admission
|Start date of Online Application
|End date of Online Application
|Postgraduate Course –Library and Information Science
|Prospectus Availability on the official website
|End date of admission
Eligibility Criteria for DU SOL UG and PG Courses
The eligibility criteria for the School of Learning, Delhi University PG and UG Courses have been mentioned in the forthcoming paragraphs:
For DU SOL UG Courses
- The basic education required for admission in the undergraduate courses offered by them is that the candidate should have passed the 12th examination from the CBSE board or ICSE or should have passed the exam from an Indian university authorized by the University of Delhi or from any board recognized as an equivalent or 12th passed out a candidate from CBSE, Delhi under vocational technical stream (1981).
- In addition to this, the candidate should also fulfil the minimum percentage criteria which is different for different courses. We are providing a link which will give detailed information about the minimum percentage criteria for the different courses. It will also include the percentage criteria required for other categories of students>>Percentage Criteria for Different UG Courses.
Admission Open here
For DU SOL PG Courses
The Postgraduate courses in this category are further divided into two classes:
Master of Business Administration
The minimum eligibility criteria for admission into the MBA courses is that the student should possess a graduation degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks and the degree should be authorized by any university registered in India.
Masters of Library and Information Science (MLISc)
Admission to this course will be on the basis of the following criteria:
- The applicant should have obtained a graduate degree in Bachelor of Library and Information Science ( BLISc).
- The applicant should have achieved a minimum of 50% marks in graduation(For the Gen Category),45% marks for OBC/EWS/PwBD and for SC/ST class the minimum passing marks in the graduation exam is the percentage marks required for eligibility.
Application Method for DU SOL Admissions 2023
For filling up the application form for admission to the school of open learning, Delhi university, the candidates have to follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- The applicant can visit any of the official websites given here i.e https://web.sol.du.ac.in/home and col.du.ac.in.
- The homepage gets open.
- The candidate can see three links each for UG Admission, MBA admission and Library and Information Science Admission.
- The applicant can click on the desired link and the prospectus opens.
- On the left side of the same page, applicants can find the “admission form” section.
- Click on that icon and again a new page opens.
- Here on this page, the applicant can find a link named “Click here for New Registration”.
- Now the candidate has to fill in their basic details and also have to fill in a valid email id and mobile number.
- After the successful registration, the candidate will receive a username and password in their email id.
- Now the candidate has to log in again by username and password.
- Afterwards, the candidate has to fill in all the educational details and upload those documents.
- Now the candidate has to pay the application fees and have to download the fee receipt and identity card for future use.
DU SOL Application Fees
|UR/OBC-NCL/EWS- Rs 500
SC/ST/PwBD- Rs 250
|UR/OBC-NCL/EWS- Rs 250
SC/ST/PwBD- Rs 100
Documents to be Uploaded
- A scanned copy of the Photo and signature and their size should be between 10kb and 200kb and should be in jpeg format.
- Scanned self-attested copy of 10th and 12th marksheet and certificate of size between 10 and 200kb in pdf or jpeg format.
- Scanned self-attested copy of Graduation marksheet.
- Scanned copy of Self-attested Category certificate.
DU SOL Admission 2023: Important Links
No, the candidates applying for the UG Courses in DU SOL do not require CUET Score. The admissions are totally based on 12th marks.
No, there are no such limitations on seats in the UG courses provided by them.
The authorities will release the merit list on the basis of the marks scored by the candidate in their graduation.