DU Admission 2020 | Delhi University Application Form: University of Delhi (DU) has started the admission process for UG, PG, and Ph.D./M.Phil from 20th June 2020 for academic session 2020. Delhi University has begun the DU UG/PG admission 2020 process for the academic session 2020-21 by releasing the DU application form for registration on its official website.
LATEST UPDATE: The online registration and application process for DU Admissions to UG, PG and P.Phil/Ph.D program has been started from 20th June 2020. Check the appplication link below.
- 1 DU Admissions 2020
- 2 An overview of Delhi University 2020 Admission
- 3 Delhi University Admissions 2020 – UG
- 4 DU Application form 2020
- 5 Delhi University Admissions 2020 – PG
- 6 DU M.Phil/Ph.D. admissions 2020
- 7 DU Admissions Important Points
DU Admissions 2020
The University of Delhi is one of the prestigious universities of India. Each year a huge number of applications are filled for DU admissions to various undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D./M.Phil. programs into DU and its 77 affiliated colleges but only those candidates make their way to the admissions who fulfill the DU admission eligibility criteria and meet the admission requirements.
An overview of Delhi University 2020 Admission
|University||University of Delhi|
|Article category|| DU Admission 2020 and |
Delhi University application form
|Programs||UG, PG and M.Phil./Ph.D.|
|DU admission application form||DU and its 77 + 5 Affiliated colleges/institutions|
|Starting dates for online application||20th June 2020|
|Mode of admission||Merit-based and Entrance exam|
|DU Admission Portal||Click Here|
|DU UG Admission Portal||Click Here|
|DU PG Admission Portal||Click Here|
|DU P.hD/ M.Phil Admission Portal||Click Here|
DU 2020 Admissions- Important dates
|Start of DU admission application/registration||20th June 2020|
|Last date for filling DU online application||4th July 2020|
|Entrance Exam||To be annoucned sooon|
|Last date for DU admission||Available Soon|
Delhi University Admissions 2020 – UG
Mode of Intake/ Admission
Admissions to Undergraduate programs in DU can be made through the two modes. Candidates have to fill the mode of intake at the time of filling online application. The two modes of intake in DU are-
- Direct mode
The first mode of admission is the direct mode; it means the admissions in the university are made on the basis of merit of the applicants in the qualifying examinations. Only DU students can apply through direct mode for admission to the university.
- DU Entrance Exam
The other mode of admission to the university is through the entrance exam. Candidates outside the university are required to appear in the entrance tests conducted by the university for various courses. Entrance test is conducted on separate dates for admission to various program.
List of Entrance-based UG programs
|Faculty/ Institution||UG programs|
|Education||Bachelors of Elementary Education (BEE)|
|Applied Social Sciences and Humanities||B.A. (Honours) Business Economics, Bachelor of Management Studies, Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)|
|Inter-disciplinary & Applied Sciences||B.Sc. Physical Education, Health Education & Sports|
|Cluster Innovation Centre||B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations), B.A. (Honours) Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Social Sciences||Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism in Delhi School of Journalism|
|Music & Fine Arts||B.A (Honours) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor), B.A (Honours) in Karnatak Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin), B.A (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)|
|Indraprastha College for Women||B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication|
List of Merit Based UG programs
|Faculty/ Institution||UG programs|
|Commerce & Business Studies||B.Com, B.Com(Hons)|
|Applied Social Sciences and Humanities||B.A. (Hons.) in Hindi Patrakarita, Journalism, B.Voc. in Health Care Management, Retail Management & IT, Web Designing, Printing Technology, Banking Operations, Software Development, Advanced Diploma in TV Programme & News Production|
|Arts||B.A. Prog., B.A. (Hons.) in Arabic, Bengali, English, German, Italian, French, Hindi, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology, Applied Psychology, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Spanish, and Urdu.|
|Mathematical Sciences||B.Sc. in Mathematical Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics,|
|Social Sciences||B.A. (Hons.) in Economics, Geography, Political Sciences, History, Social Work, and Sociology.|
|Sciences/ Inter-Disciplinary and Applied Sciences||B.Sc.(Hons.) in Anthropology, Bio-Medical Science, Bio-Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Electronics, Food Technology, Geology, Home Science, Microbiology, Physics, Instrumentation, Polymer Sciences, Zoology B.Sc. Applied Physical Sciences (Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Biochemistry), Applied Physical Sciences (Industrial Chemistry), Applied Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Bachelor of Science (Pass) – Home Science|
DU Application form 2020
Applications for DU can be made only through the official admission portal.
The online application is as follows-
- Visit university UG admission portal and read the information bulletin carefully.
- Enter the new registration tab and register by providing the required information.
- Registration will be completed.
- Login with the registered email/user ID and password generated after registration.
- Follow the instructions and fill the application form by providing accurate personal details, bank, academic details, application mode (Merit/entrance), ECA, Sports etc.
- Upload all the necessary documents in the prescribed format.
- Preview the details and submit the application form.
- Make payment of application fee online.
- Take printout of application form for future references.
Delhi University application form fee
Application fee for both the modes of admissions is different for all the categories.
For Merit-based programs-
|ECA (each category)||Rs.100/- (additional)|
|Sport category (each category)||Rs.100/-|
For Entrance-base programs-
- Application fee payment will be accepted only through the online mode (Net banking/credit/debit card/UPI).
- Application fee is non-refundable.
DU Admission Application Eligibility Criteria
DU Eligibility is one of the important factor that plays an important role in the admission of candidates in the university. Therefore, it is compulsory all the applicants to satisfy the eligibility criteria set the university before filling the online application.
The general DU eligibility criteria for admission to DU is as follows-
- Candidates should have passed class XII examination or equivalent from a recognized Board with respective subject with minimum marks as per the university admissions policy.
- As per the university, there is no minimum age bar for applicants.
- Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying exams and their result is awaited can apply for admission to UG programs in DU.
DU Cut-Off Marks 2020
Each university under DU releases its cut-off list for all the categories. The dates of release of cut-offs is intimated to the candidates through the online portal. DU cut-off lists are releases in various phases.
Candidates have to check the cut-off list and have to fill the admission form in the preferred college as per the cut-off marks using the DU online registration account.
Delhi University Admission Merit List 2020
On the basis of analysis and scrutiny of admission forms, university publishes the DU merit list. Du admission Merit list for direct mode and entrance test admissions is released separately.
- DU Spot Allotment
If seats still remain vacant after the release of subsequent merit lists, University will also conduct spot allotment of seats on the basis of availability of seats.
Delhi University Admissions 2020 – PG
University offers a number of Post Graduate or master programs. A single candidate can fill application for more than one courses provided he/she is required to pay application fee separately for all the programs. Application can be filled only the online mode.
Mode of DU PG admission
Admission to PG programs (expect Professional or inter-disciplinary courses) can be made through two modes viz.
- Direct/Merit- 50% of PG seats in DU will be filled by direct admission or on the basis of merit of the candidates. This mode of admission is only applicable for the students of DU.
- Entrance Exam- Remaining 50% seats will be filled through entrance exam and interview/GD (if any). This mode of admission is basically applicable to all the students other than DU students. The entrance exams for different PG programs will conducted separately. Exam schedule and other related information will be updated on the PG admission portal of the university.
List of Entrance based PG programs
DU will conduct PG entrance exam for admission to the following programs-
|Faculty||PG programs/ courses|
|Arts||M.A (Buddhist Studies, Linguistics, Russian Studies)|
|Education||B.Ed., B.Ed. Special Education (Mental Retardation), B.Ed. Special Education (Visual Impairment), M.Ed.|
|Science||M.Sc. Forensic Science, M.Sc./M.Sc.-PhD combined degree course – biomedical sciences, M.A./M.Sc. Environmental Studies|
|Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences||M. Tech. Microwave Electronics, M.Sc. Genetics, M.Sc. informatics, M.Sc. Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, M.P.ED, B.P.ED.|
|Mathematical Sciences||MCA, M.Sc. Operational Research, MA/M.Sc. Applied Operational Research|
|Social Sciences||M.A. (Lifelong Learning & Extension, Social Work, East Asian Studies, Japanese)|
|Cluster Innovation Centre||M.Sc. (Mathematics Education)|
DU PG admission Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application, applicants must make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility requirements. Below we have shared the eligibility criteria for PG admission in the University-
As per the policy of University, there is no minimum age limit for admission to DU and its affiliated colleges. However, there are various programs for which certain regulatory authorities such MCI, DCI, BCI, ACITE, NCTE etc. prescribe minimum age criteria.
The general qualification criteria for admission to PG programs in DU is that candidates must have a bachelor degree in the respective subject from a recognized university. For detailed information on education requirements for various PG courses, candidates have to visit the PG admission portal.
Admission flow in DU
- Interested and eligible applicants have to fill an online application form. Registration can be made either through merit or entrance test.
- After the scrutiny of online application, the concerned department/ institutes will announce the admission list.
- Selected candidates have to download the admission form from the respective admission portal.
- Candidates have to be present at the respective reporting centers for document verification.
- After the verification of the documents at the reporting centers, candidates have to report at the place of admission i.e. college/department. Candidates have to submit the original documents at the college/ department.
- Once original documents will be approved, candidates have to make payment of admission fee through the PG portal.
- After successful payment of the admission fee, finally, admission will be granted to the candidate.
DU Online Application procedure PG
Online registration is the initial and mandatory step in the DU PG admissions. Without online registration, applicants cannot participate in PG admissions in DU. Applicants have to fill separate forms for all the courses they wish to apply. They can use the same login details for every registration form. However, they have to pay separate application fee for each course.
The step-by-step guide for PG online application is shared below-
- Visit the PG admission portal of the University.
- Click on the “New User Registration” or “Register” Tab.
- Provide valid email address in Login Details.
- Create password.
- Provide a valid Mobile No.
- Furnish all the details asked. Be careful while furnishing information (Please refer the relevant certificate to furnish the information)
- Verify the information as no modification or correction in the details will be permitted further.
- All the future correspondences will be made through the provided email, therefore, applicant should make it handy.
- After completion of the registration procedure, a verification mail with a confirmation link will be sent to the registered email. Open the link and confirm the registration.
- Log in by entering the registered email and password in order to fill the application form.
- Upload the following documents in the prescribed format- Passport sized photograph, Scanned image of signature, self-attested copy of a valid photo identity proof, class X certificate, and reservation/ caste certificate.
- Click on “Submit My Profile” option.
- Click on “Apply in New Course”.
- Provide education qualification details, course, admission criteria (mode) and other details asked.
- Click on “Save Application”.
- If wrong information has been filled in the application, click on “Click to Modify Application” or click on “Pay fee” for payment of application.
- After the payment of fee, application procedure will be completed.
- Candidates can take a printed of the application form and payment receipt for future reference. They are not required to submit or send the printed copy of application to the university.
Application fee for PG admissions
- Fee for unreserved, OBC etc.- Rs.500/- per course
- Fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates- Rs.250/- per course
- Registration fee will be paid only through the online mode.
- Application fee will not be refunded or adjusted under any circumstances.
DU admission Examination Centres
PG entrance exams are supposed to be conducted in the following cities-
DU Interview/ Group Discussions
University may also conduct interview or Group Discussion round for selection of candidates for PG programs. Interview or GD will be conducted after the completion of entrance test. Candidates qualifying the entrance test are invited for interview round.
There are various programs for which interview is conducted after entrance exam such as MCA, M.Sc. (Informatics/ Plant Molecular Biology), and various M.A programs. The weightage of interview in all these programs in 15%.
DU PG Admission Merit list
After the completion of entrance, interview (entrance mode) and analyzing the marks (direct mode), DU will release the merit list. Candidates whose names will be there in the merit list have to follow the further admission procedure. Merit lists will be released in various phases until all the seats get filled in the University.
Merit list for both direct and entrance based admission will be announced together all the categories of the candidates. Merit list will be uploaded on the official portal PG portal of the university
DU M.Phil/Ph.D. admissions 2020
- Admissions to M.Phil./PhD programs in DU are granted through a written examination followed by an interview.
- Application form will be filled only through online mode.
- All the details regarding the admission procedure, application, eligibility, interview, merit list etc. will be provided on the official information bulletin available at the university portal.
Admission of International/ Foreign candidates
Admissions in University of Delhi are also open to international students who wish to study in India. The admission procedure for various programs for the academic session 2020-21 is currently going on. Eligible international candidates can register online before the last date. The last date online registration to various programs for foreign students is 30th March.
All the candidates registering under foreign category have to go through a particular admission procedure. The complete procedure for filling online application is shared below-
- Online Application
Application for admission to UG can be made only through the online mode. There are two categories of applicants under international admissions viz.- Self-financing applicants and ICCR and Government Sponsored Applicants.
- Visit official website and fill the application form before the due date
- Upload all the necessary documents as mentioned on the admission guidelines.
- Submit the attested copies of the filled in application form along with all the documents to the FSR office by post or self.
ICCR and Government Sponsored Applicants
- Fill application through ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Research)
- Submission of application form along with all the required documents.
Once application process will complete, admission process will start. Check the admission process given below-
- Receiving of DU applications by the due dates by the FSR office
- Scrutiny of applications will be done.
- Complete and correct Du application will be accepted and incomplete one will be rejected. Rejected candidates will be informed.
- The accepted applications will be communicated to concerned departments.
- The concerned department will check the eligibility of the applicants.
- Eligible applications will be forwarded and ineligible will be rejected.
- Now, on the basis of screened applications, a merit list will be prepared.
- Selected candidates will be informed through registered emails and rest will be kept in wait list.
- Selected applicants have to send response within 3 weeks of admission offer. In case of no response to the offer, admission will be canceled and seat will be transferred the wait-listed candidates.
- After responding to offer of admission, candidates will receive a provisional admission letter.
- Applicants have to check the reporting date.
- Candidates have to apply for fresh student/research visa to Indian Embassy in the home country.
- They have to arrange all the necessary document and travel & accommodation.
After Reaching Delhi
- Once applicants have reached Delhi, they have to report FSR.
- At FSR all the verification and registration formalities will be conducted.
- Reporting to the college.
- They have to make online fee payment.
- Submission of payment slip to FSR and concerned College/Institute.
- They have to register at Foreigner Regional Registration Office (RFFO).
- Finally, they can start attending the classes.
To know more about foreign student’s admission in DU, candidates can http://fsr.du.ac.in.
For any query regarding admission, international candidates can contact at the address provided below-
Foreign Students’ Registry Office
Room No. 11, First Floor, Conference Centre,
University of Delhi, Delhi 110007
Phone No.- 011-27666756
E-mail- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
DU Admissions Important Points
- Applications for admission to DU will be made only through the online mode in all the UG, PG and Ph.D. programs. No physical forms will be made available.
- DU Application process is expected to start in the month of June year.
- DU Applicants must read the information bulletin carefully provided on the UG, PG and M.Phil/Ph.D. admission portal before applying.
- All the information in the application form should be filled carefully. After payment of application fee, no edit/modification or correction will be permissible.
- All news and updates about the admissions will be notified to the applicants through the university portal.
- Mere names listed in merit or admission list does not entitles a candidate for admission. They have to verify all the necessary documents, make payment of DU admission fee and complete all the formalities related to admission in DU.
- Candidates interested in procuring admission to DU are advised to stay in touch with the university website for all the latest updates regarding the admissions.
The information mentioned above is based on the previous year admission information. Any updates regarding the Delhi University admissions from the university will be updated.